Consultation With Dr. Forrest, DCAdded: 08/04/2007SKU: FH001$75.00
Preventing and Reversing OsteoporosisThe conventional approach to preventing bone loss focuses mainly on calcium supplements and estrogen therapy. Although these treatments are partly effective, more than one million American women suffer a fracture each year as a direct result of thinning bones.
In addition, there are concerns that estrogen therapy, as it is commonly prescribed in the United States, can increase the risk of breast cancer, as well as causing other side effects.
Preventing and Reversing Osteoporosis presents a number of important new concepts:
- that bone loss depends on many nutrients besides calcium, including magnesium, vitamin K, manganese, folic acid, vitamin B6, zinc, copper, strontium, silicon, and boron
- that there is an alternative approach to hormone replacement therapy—one that includes progesterone, DHEA, and more natural forms of estrogen—that appears to be safe and more effective than conventional hormone treatments
- that what you eat determines in part how strong your bones will be
- that a number of environmental pollutants are contributing to the modern epidemic of osteoporosis
Osteoporosis Support Program
- Practice good sleep habits and get between 8-9 hours of sleep a night.
- Reduce your stress levels as much as possible. Try to nurture your soul with pleasure, relaxation,
- family & friends and the arts.
- Weight bearing exercise is crucial such as walking, jogging, aerobics.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Avoid stress and extra obligations.
- Eat plenty of fruit and fresh vegetables.
- Include daily Green drinks or fresh vegetable juices.
- Avoid soda, instead choose green drinks like PaleoGreens or fresh vegetable juices. In addition,drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily.
- Eat plenty of high calcium foods such as sesame seeds, tahini, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews,walnuts, cheese, goat cheese.
- Eat green leafy vegetables high in magnesium such as salad greens, collard and mustard greens.
The following supplements are in addition to Twice Daily Essential Packets to supply your core vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
- OsteoForce: 2 with breakfast and dinner - 4 per day
- PaleoGreens: 1 scoop daily
- Genuine Norwegian Cod Liver Oil: 2 tspns daily with food
- Vitamin D: 1 capsule or drop daily with dinner