Consultation With Dr. Forrest, DCAdded: 08/04/2007SKU: FH001$75.00
Heavy Metal Tests
Toxic metals are all too present in our environment, including our food, air and water. For sensitive individuals, even mercury amalgams may cause serious problems. These heavy metals can cause a severe drain on the body''s ability to function, including creating damage to the immune system, brain and GI system.
What Does a Complete Program Include?
In order to have a successful program, it is necessary for the body's detoxification systems to be online. This includes the gut, kidneys and liver. Therefore we must take into consideration the following:
- Bowel function must be adequate. This means a history of 1-2 easy movements a day. Constipation produces toxicity
- Diet must be adequate in rich sources of protein, essential fatty acids, fiber, vitamins, electrolytes, enzymes and minerals. High vegetable intake is important.
- Liver detox systems must be working. (Liver detox profile)
- Kidney detox systems must be working.
- Adrenal, thyroid and sex hormone functions should be normal. (Salivary Hormones)
- Chronic infections should be treated naturally. (BUN and Creatinine)
- Trace minerals should be adequate. (Hair analysis)
We also highly suggest you test the levels of heavy metals in your body before and after doing a metal detox program. The first test will give you a baseline and the following tests will show your progress.
- Toxic Element Clearance Test from Genova Diagnostics - most recommended.
- Fecal Metal Test for from Doctors Data
- Hair Mineral Analysis from Endo-Met Labs
We send you the test kit. You complete the test and send the sample in the provided mailer to the lab. Results will be sent to you when they arrive.
The different tests show the different avenues of metal excretion. We generally recommend doing one or more of the tests at the beginning. In our office we do the Toxic Element Clearance and the Tissue Mineral Analysis most often. In some cases we do all three.
No matter what approach you use; if you started with toxic metals in your body it is best retest within three to four months to see your current status and whether you need to continue. If there are still metals continue and repeat the treatment and testing as needed until the metals are reduced. If your program is not working well try one of the others.
Not Certain What To Do Next?
If you are uncertain as to which products or programs to use or which tests to take; or, if you would like additional help:
- Contact us with a brief question.
- Arrange a phone consultation with Dr. Forrest.
Call ( 408) 354-4262