Heavy Metal Detox
Heavy Metal/Mercury DetoxToxic metals are all too present in our environment, including our food, air and water. For sensitive individuals, even mercury amalgams may cause serious problems. These heavy metals can cause a severe drain on the body';s ability to function, including creating damage to the immune system.
What Does a Complete Program Include?
In order to have a successful program, it is necessary for the body's detoxification systems to be online. This includes the gut, kidneys and liver. Therefore we must take into consideration the following:
- Bowel function must be adequate. This means a history of 1-2 easy movements a day. Constipation produces toxicity
- Diet must be adequate in rich sources of protein, essential fatty acids, fiber, vitamins, electrolytes, enzymes and minerals. High vegetable intake is important.
- Liver detox systems must be working. (Liver detox profile)
- Kidney detox systems must be working.
- Adrenal, thyroid and sex hormone functions should be normal. (Salivary Hormones)
- Chronic infections should be treated naturally. (BUN and Creatinine)
- Trace minerals should be adequate. (Hair analysis)
We also highly suggest you test the levels of heavy metals in your body before and after doing a metal detox program. The first test will give you a baseline and the following tests will show your progress.
- Toxic Element Clearance Test from Genova Diagnostics - most recommended.
- Fecal Metal Test for from Doctors Data
- Hair Mineral Analysis from Endo-Met Labs
We send you the test kit. You complete the test and send the sample in the provided mailer to the lab. Results will be sent to you when they arrive.
The different tests show the different avenues of metal excretion. We generally recommend doing one or more of the tests at the beginning. In our office we do the Toxic Element Clearance and the Tissue Mineral Analysis most often. In some cases we do all three.
What We Recommend
The exact program depends upon which metals are involved. It is best to test first so that you are certain which metals you are clearing. Once you let us know we can give you a more detailed approach to go with the recommendations above.
There are many heavy metal products and programs sold on the Internet. Some do no not work and some are probably dangerous. Professional literature reviews as well as clinical experience is the best guide.
We recommend three different programs. Each is backed by the literature and or clinical experience. Because bodies are different it is hard to say which is best. We generally use Program 1 or 2 in our practice. It is best to stay on the program for 3 to 4 months and then re-test to see that it is working as planned. To safely remove heavy metals from your system can easily take 6 months to a year. Be patient.
1. KeLatox - 1 EDTA Suppository nightly
2. intraMax - 1 Cap Liquid Vitamin Mineral
3. Basic Detox Kit - Homeopathic detox of liver, kidneys and lymphatics
1. DMSA - 500 mg M-W-F x 3 weeks, 1 week wash-out, repeat x 3
- Wait one month and repeat entire cycle as needed
- Initial testing and follow-up monitoring with 6 hr provoked DMSA 20th/kg)
- Use of DMSA may require lab monitoring and should be done under doctors supervision.
2. DFH Complete Multimineral - 2 caps 3 times daily during all part of cycle
3. NAC - 2 caps three times daily during all part of cycle
4. LV-GB Complex - 2 caps three times daily during all part of cycle
5. C + BioFizz - 1 twice daily during all part of cycle
6. Twice Daily Antioxidant -3 caps per day during all part of cycle
7. LiverLife - as directed.
1. NDF - up to two droppers twice daily
2. Zeolite - 10 drops 3 times daily
3. LiverLife - follow directions.
4. Red Rooster - 2 droppers twice daily
1. Twice Daily Essential Packets - 1 twice daily
2. Lipoic Supreme - 1 after breakfast or dinner
3. Three A Day Antioxidant - 1 after each meal (for Se, NAC, C, E)
4. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) - 1 after breakfast or dinner
5. Krill Oil - 1 after each meal 3 per day
6. LV-GB Complex - 1 after each meal, 3 per day
7. MSM (Raspb., Lemon, Plain or caps) - 2 capsules per meal or 1 Tbs powder
8. Adrenotone Plus - 1 after each meal, 3 per day
9. Amino-D-Tox - 2 twice daily
No matter what approach you use; if you started with toxic metals in your body it is best retest within three to four months to see your current status and whether you need to continue. If there are still metals continue and repeat the treatment and testing as needed until the metals are reduced. If your program is not working well try one of the others.
Not Certain What To Do Next?
If you are uncertain as to which products or programs to use or which tests to take; or, if you would like additional help:
- Contact us with a brief question.
- Arrange a phone consultation with Dr. Forrest.
Call ( 408) 354-4262