Ginkgo 60 mg - 60 vcaps
- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Ginkgo 60 vcapsules | Karuna Health
Standardized extract of ginkgo biloba for aid in memory function and healthy brain circulation.*
Ginkgo biloba is an ancient plant whose constituents have numerous beneficial effects on nerve tissue and circulation. Support by Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) for normal brain function is based on neuroprotective effects against agents that can promote neuronal degeneration as well as regulating effects on neuro-transmitters. Research also shows GBE to have profound effects on circulation through inhibition of platelet activating factor (PAF) and other mediators of blood viscosity. GBE has been demonstrated to promote cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular circulation, enhancing blood flow, glucose delivery and oxygenation throughout the body, especially to the brain and nerve cells. Karuna's Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) is standardized identically to specifications for extracts used in clinical trials.*
- Ginkgo contains two important constituent groups - the ginkgo flavone glycosides and the terpene lactones.*
- Ginkgo biloba's flavone glycosides act as potent free radical scavengers within the cardiovascular and central nervous systems (Life Sci 2000;67: 1389-96; Phytomedicine1998;5:425-34).*
- Ginkgo is well-known for its neuro-protective properties (Zeitschrift Phytother1994;15:92-6) and its support of normal cerebral functions such as memory (Arch Neurol 1998;55:1409-15. Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 2009;77:494-506; Pharmacopsychiatry 2010;43:86-91; Phytomedicine 2011;18:1202-7).*
- Ginkgo biloba inhibits platelet activating factor (PAF) which, in excess, can contribute to imbalances in leukocyte activity, bronchial function, and circulatory supply to body tissues (Thromb Res 2002;108: 151-60; Arzneimittelforschung 1990;40:589-93).*
- Ginkgo promotes normal circulation (Fortschr Med 1993;111 (10):170-2) and can increase pain-free walking ability in older patients with impaired circulation (Arzneimittelforschung 1992;42:428-36; Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2004;42:63-72).*
Ginkgo 60 vcapsules | Karuna Health
Standardized herbal extract
Each capsule contains:
Ginkgo biloba extract 60 mg (standardized to 24% ginkgo flavone glycosides and 6% terpene lactones)
Suggested use for adults:
One capsule twice daily with morning and evening meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner. For best results, continuous use is recommended. This product is intended for profesional use and is manufactured under strict quality control. Keep in a cool, dry place, tighly capped.
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.