Ease Menopausal Symptoms with Diet and Nutritional Supplements
Women typically reach menopause by their 50s, and the end of menstruation is characterized by the cease of regular periods, but frequently, it also begins an onset of unpleasant symptoms as the body adjusts to hormonal changes. Some women seek estrogen replacement therapy to ease their symptoms. However, a positive mental attitude, proper diet, and supplements for menopause can also help improve your quality of life.
Symptoms of Menopause
Menopause is most often associated with hot flashes. Occurring from the early stages of menopause to a year or two after menstruation ends, hot flashes are characterized by warmth or flushing of the face, sweating, chills, and rapid heartbeat. These typically begin suddenly and last for a few minutes.
Other signs of menopause include:
- Mood swings
- Difficulty sleeping
- Memory lapses
- Dry skin and hair
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain
- Stiff/achy joints
How Diet Can Help
A well-balanced diet and nutritional supplements can ease your symptoms and protect your health. Some of the most important nutrients are:
- Calcium: A decrease in estrogen increases the risk of osteoporosis, but calcium helps maintain bone health so milk and other dairy products, dark-green leafy greens, and seafood in your diet can help.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These fish-oil-based antioxidants have cardiovascular benefits and a natural anti-inflammatory effect, and they also help maintain brain function.
- Vitamin D: Good for the bones and heart, vitamin D also reduces your heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and allergy risk.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant, vitamin E protects your heart, eyes, and skin; for some women, it can also help reduce the symptoms of hot flashes.
Herbal supplements sold by Forrest Health can help fight the symptoms of menopause. One example is BioFem Transition. Taken in capsule form, it includes DHEA, a hormone found naturally in the body and that may decrease hot flashes and increase libido. Herbal ingredients include black cohosh for hot flashes, hops, ginkgo, and wild yam, which has compounds similar to progesterone and estrogen.
Other available products include:
- Progesterone Plus Cream: The active ingredient is structurally identical to human progesterone; the compound is absorbed into the skin and bloodstream, bypassing the liver where it may be removed.
- Natural Pro-Gest Cream: Suited for menstruating, menopausal, and post-menopausal women, it includes progesterone, sweet almond oil, organic virgin coconut oil, grapefruit extract, and citric acid.
- Red Clover: An extract that has been shown to be effective in treating perimenopausal hot flashes and night sweats.
- Women’s Symmetry: Includes essential vitamins and minerals as well as bioflavonoids to support connective tissue and uterine health.
- Est-Adapt: Drops that contain USP Estriol—a form of estrogen, tocopherols that constitute vitamin E, and alpha-tocopherol. It can be used as an alternative to hormone replacements.
These are just a few products that can ease your symptoms and support overall good health. To find the best menopause supplements based on your needs, browse our products and place your order online. Call us at 408-354-4262 if you have any questions or need assistance.