5 Ways About How to Beat the Afternoon Slump
If you feel sluggish in the afternoons, chances are your body is not getting the proper fuel it needs to get through the day. While a quick nap can be great, not everyone has the luxury of this option.
The best place to start is to make changes that can prevent the afternoon slump, such as:
- Take daily nutritional supplements and vitamins. For most people, getting the required nutrients and vitamins they need is not possible through our meals and snacks. When you get the proper level your body requires, you will have more energy that lasts all day long.
- Change the way you consume caffeinated beverages. Drinking coffee or soda quickly can give you a boost of energy, but it wears off by the afternoon. Instead, sip on your coffee or soda and enjoy it throughout the entire day—just don’t go overboard.
- Make sure to eat a well-balanced breakfast. Your body needs carbs and nutrients in the morning to get it going.
- Eat a healthy lunch with protein and carbs. Some people might opt for a salad or single serving yogurt because they are on a diet. However, these won’t give you the energy you need. It is better to eat a bigger lunch, and then have your salad or yogurt for dinner.
- Take a walk outdoors on your breaks. Get out and get some sunshine during your morning and afternoon breaks. The sunlight and fresh air will do you good and can boost your energy.
For assistance in selecting nutritional, vitamin, and energy-boosting supplements, please feel free to contact Forrest Health at 408-354-4262 today!