The Benefits of CBD (Cannabidiol)
The use of CBD (cannabidiol) as an alternative treatment for various medical conditions has been growing in recent years. CBD is one of the primary ingredients found within marijuana plants with very few side effects. Thanks to selective breeding of marijuana plants, new strains have been developed to create hybrid plants with exceptionally high levels of CBD.
CBD is commonly found as an oil extract that is used in a variety of herbal supplements. It has also been used to make creams and balms for topical use. Some of the benefits people can gain from using CBD include:
- Controlling Acne – CBD cream applied to areas where acne is a problem not only helps clear up current problems but also helps prevent future outbreaks.
- Insomnia – CBD oil helps people fall asleep faster and remain asleep, not to mention it is non-habit forming—unlike some prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Crohn’s Disease – The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD help alleviate pain and discomfort caused by Crohn’s and can also be used to treat other gastrointestinal/bowel diseases.
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis) – People suffering from MS can use CBD supplements to help reduce inflammation, and could potentially reduce certain effects, though further research is still being done.
- Fibromyalgia – CBD is an anti-inflammatory and might be a viable alternative to strong prescription medications for some people suffering from this condition.
- Stop Smoking Aid – CBD taken daily could help reduce the number of cigarettes smoked, and could also potentially help some people quit.
To see if CBD could benefit you, feel free to browse our selection of products online, or contact Forrest Health at 408-354-4262 for further assistance.