The Healthy Effects of Being Well Rested
Getting plenty of rest can be challenging for adults of all ages. Most adults require between seven and eight hours of sleep in order to feel reenergized and well rested. It can seem challenging to shut off the computer, turn off the TV, or set down the smartphone at least an hour before going to bed. However, it can mean the difference between tossing and turning, and getting a good night’s sleep.
Giving your brain an hour where it is not bombarded with messages causes your body to start to relax and makes drifting off to sleep easier for most people. If you are still finding difficulties falling asleep, there are natural sleep aids you can take before turning in to help you fall asleep faster.
Other health benefits you experience by getting a sufficient amount of sleep include:
- Reduced Chronic Pain – People tend to have lower pain thresholds when they do not get plenty of rest.
- Improved Sex Life – Your sex life can suffer if you are not getting sufficient sleep, and can cause you to lose interest or even fall asleep during sex.
- Reduced Risks for Injuries – A well-rested person is more alert and less prone to accidents and injuries.
- Improved Immunity – The body’s immune system is better able to respond and protect against disease and illnesses with proper sleep.
- Improved Memory – The brain is able to retain information better and make it easier to recall recent events with a good night’s sleep.
- Improved Weight Management – People tend to eat less and eat healthier when they are getting plenty of sleep.
- Better Control of Your Emotions – Your emotional states are easier to manage, and you are less likely to blow up or start crying for no reason.
Allowing yourself to get the right amount of sleep each night not only makes you feel refreshed, but also provides other health benefits. If you are having problems overcoming insomnia, please feel free to contact Forrest Health at 408-354-4262 and ask about our natural sleep aid products today.