Natural Testosterone Supplements Boost Vigor, Vitality
As men age, their bodies produce less of the hormone testosterone, resulting in lowered libido, increased weight gain, less energy, and other effects that can negatively impact their quality of life. There are a variety of things men can do to improve their testosterone levels, including eating right, getting more exercise, and taking supplements to naturally boost testosterone.
Supplements can provide an all-natural way to boost testosterone levels. There are a variety of natural testosterone boosters on the market, and the most effective include:
- Tongkat Ali – Derived from a plant native to Southeast Asia, tongkat ali has been scientifically proven to boost testosterone levels.
- Tribulous terrestris – This supplement has been shown in lab tests to enhance motor activity and muscle tone, and also has positive effects for the liver, kidneys, and heart.
- Maca – Maca stimulates the hypothalamus to balance hormones and get the body into an optimal state.
- Chrysin – This plant extract has been used for years by bodybuilders as a testosterone boosting supplement, thanks to its properties as a natural aromatase inhibitor.
- Zinc – Studies show that zinc can boost testosterone levels by as much as 35 percent.
- Pregnenolone – This hormonal precursor to testosterone has been shown to have a number of beneficial properties, including memory enhancement.
- Carnitine – This amino acid derivative has been shown in some tests to be more helpful to older men dealing with sexual dysfunction and depression.
- Muira puama – This South American folk remedy has been shown to enhance libido.
Losing libido, energy, and muscle can greatly impact a man’s sense of well-being. For men dealing with diminished testosterone levels, working with a doctor who can recommend the right supplements as well as bioidentical hormone replacement therapies can help them get their vigor and vitality back.