Consultation With Dr. Forrest, DCAdded: 08/04/2007SKU: FH001$75.00
Autism Spectrum DisordersAutism/ADD/ADHD are a developmental disabilities
It typically affects the processing, integrating, and organizing of information that significantly impacts communication, social interaction, functional skills, and educational performance. It is also important to emphasize the fact that autism is a neurological disorder. Studies have found abnormalities in the central nervous systems of persons with autism.
Autism seems to be reaching epidemic proportions these days. Although I am unaware of a single definitive cause, many feel it may be related to toxic metals, environmental stress, immune compromise and genetic predisposing. Essentially a child that is genetically predisposed is then stressed in some way, such as mercury in the immunizations, infections, allergy. This added insult to a genetically weakened system allows the depression of the various signs and symptoms of autism-spectrum disorders.
Our approach is to first test to help define the problem in metabolic terms. We then work to tonify the system with macro and micro nutrients, hormones and neurotransmitters. Once the stem is strong enough we add support to detoxify the system. Finally once the body is restored to its optimal balance we work to rejuvenate.
This is a multi factored approach that we hope will address many of the underlying factors.
What Are the Causes of ADD/ADHD/Autism
There is a wide range of opinions of this subject but basics seem to center around a number of common factors.
2. Mercury content of childhood vaccinations - too many too soon.
3. Allergens, toxins and sugar content of food.
What Are The Results In the Body?
Results can by wide ranging. Along with the attention, focus and hyperactivity issues that may be present, there are often changes in the body. These often include:
1. Altered brain chemistry
2. Altered gut ecology, parasites, yeast and poor digestion.
3. Heavy metal toxicity, typically mercury.
4. Food allergies. The most common being wheat, gluten, dairy, corn and soy.
1) Reducing the Stressors! – Stress is considered to be the various toxins, i.e. food, chemicals, metals, infections that may be affecting your child’s body. Part of the reason we are experiencing an epidemic in autistic-spectrum disorders is because genetically these children have higher degrees of susceptibilities to having problems eliminating toxins from their bodies compared to other children.
2) Reducing Allergy and Inflammation – Toxins in the body will increase the potential for allergy, and allergies generate inflammation. Inflammation is very damaging to the body, especially if the chronic inflammation. Some assume can that children with autistic-spectrum disorders are dealing with a level of neurological inflammation as well. Toxins such as foods, viruses, bacteria, chemicals and heavy metals can all generate inflammation. Our approach is to help reduce their overall toxic burden to help alleviate neurological inflammation.
3) Detoxification (chelation and cleansing) – As you begin to decrease the allergy and inflammation through dietary control, supplementation, etc. your child can begin the process of detoxification more effectively.
Detoxification is the process of cleansing toxins. Our body generates many chemicals that naturally help do this for us. The skin, digestion, liver and kidneys are the organ systems responsible for detoxification. One of the challenges with children on the autistic-spectrum is they commonly have weakened detoxification capacity. Therefore, aiding their body with this process is critical.
4) Recovery and Rejuvenation – Once your child’s system has been cleared of toxins, to the best of their ability, they can begin the process of healing and recovery. Final outcomes depend on many factors such as genetics, emotional response to life, compliance and many other factors. We strive to increase the odds of positive outcomes.
What Do We Do?
We test to determine underlying imbalances and deficiencies and then put together comprehensive programs to address what we find. We pay particular attention to brain neurotransmitters, heavy metals, food allergies and gut infections.
We take the following steps to address these issues:
- Neurotransmitter Testing
- Adrenal Testing
- Metabolic Testing
- Heavy Metal Tests
- Allergy Tests
Tonify With Support Nutrients
We supply the macro and micro-nutrients the body needs as raw materials for building healthy bodies.
- Fatty Acids
- Adrenal Support
- Thyroid Support
- Neurotransmitters Support
Detoxify and Cleanse
Using sophisticated multi factor protocols we help to detoxify and cleanse the body of harmful toxins.
• Toxic Metal Chelation
• Infections and Infestations
• Metabolic by-products
Once cleared of toxins the body is supplied the nutrients that science and clinical experience has shown to help rebuild and rejuvenate the body.
What We Suggest
If you are suffering from these or similar complaints it is probably best to do some testing to see where the problems lie.
- Do one or more of the following test panels to see where the deficiencies or imbalances lie. Dr. Forrest will then design a supplement program for
you to address the findings.
- We also recommend that you have a consultation with Dr. Forrest so he can better understand and address your needs.
If you are uncertain as to which products or programs to use or which tests to take; or, if you would like additional help:
- Contact us with a brief question.
- Arrange a phone consultation with Dr. Forrest.
Call ( 408) 354-4262