V Clear EPs 7630 1 fl oz
- Send to friend
- Customer feedback
ViraClear EPs 7630™ | Integrative Therapeutics
Original Homeopathic Formula for Upper Respiratory Support, it has been traditionally used to treat cough, sore throat, congestion, and other respiratory ailments.*
There are plenty of reasons to wonder about products claiming to shorten the duration and reduce the severity of colds and other upper respiratory tract infections. Your patients want something to be effective, but they don’t want to worry about unpleasant side effects.*
ViraClear EPs 7630™ gives you a reason to believe. It actually works.*
What is it?
This homeopathic remedy contains a proprietary extract, EPs 7630, obtained from the roots of the South African Pelargonium sidoides plant. In herbal form, it has been traditionally used to treat cough, sore throat, congestion, and other respiratory ailments.*
A member of the Geraniaceae family, Pelargonium sidoides DC. is native to the coastal regions of South Africa.1*
What makes it work?
The extract that powers ViraClear EPs 7630 contains catechin and gallocatechin polyphenols, proteins, minerals, and low concentrations of 7-hydroxycoumarin derivatives that are not associated with anticoagulation activity.2,3 Chemically, their structure is different from the known anticoagulant coumarins.3*
Pharmacological studies suggest that EPs 7630 works through a multitude of mechanisms of action: 4*
As an immunomodulator, EPs 7630 may support the body’s antiviral defenses, and in vitro studies show that it has antimicrobial activity. Mainly, these actions are mediated by the release of tumor-necrosis factor (TNF-α) and nitric oxide, plus stimulation of interferon-β synthesis, and an overall increase of natural killer cell activity.5*
In studies, EPs 7630 increases phagocytosis, and stimulates ciliary activity in vitro, which may support a mucolytic effect during acute upper respiratory tract infections.6, 7*
What the Studies Show
EPs 7630 works across a broad front of health concerns. It reduces the duration and severity of acute respiratory tract infections, including the common cold, acute bronchitis, sinusitis, and tonsillopharyngitis.2,8*
But EPs 7630 isn’t just effective, it’s safe, too.
This has been shown in controlled double-blind studies as well as open-label and post-marketing surveillance studies involving over 9,000 patients. This includes 3,900 children, down to the age of 2 years.*
A randomized, placebo-controlled study of 103 patients using a liquid extract of Pelargonium sidoides (closely related to EPs 7630) showed how effective this herbal extract can be for the treatment of the common cold.9*
The outcome was measured after 5 days by looking at the sum of symptom intensity differences (SSID) of the cold intensity score (CIS).*
The CIS tracks 10 well-recognized symptoms of the common cold, including; nasal discharge, sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing, scratchy throat, hoarseness, cough, headache, muscle aches, and fever.*
The EPs group showed significant improvements in SSID from baseline to day 5. Overall, the mean improved by 14.6 ± 5.3 points in the EPs group compared with 7.6 ± 7.5 points in the placebo group (p < 0.0001).*
Symptoms identified in the CIS were affected, too. The mean CIS decreased by 10.4 ± 3.0 points and 5.6 ± 4.3 point in the EPs and placebo groups, respectively.*
After 10 days, 78.8% of the EPs group were “clinically cured” (in this case, that indicates a CIS equal to zero points or complete resolution of all but a maximum of one cold symptom) compared to 31.4% in the placebo group (p < 0.0001).*
Since missed work is a major outcome of the common cold, the study showed a positive trend there as well, which is good news to your patients with a regular schedule to keep. The mean duration of inability to work was significantly lower in the EPs group (6.9 ± 1.8 days) compared to the placebo group (8.2 ± 2.1 days; p = 0.0003). Unlike many conventional treatments, no serious adverse events were reported.*
Acute bronchitis is another typical condition reported during “cold and flu season.” In 2008, a meta-analysis reviewed six randomized, controlled clinical studies demonstrating the safety and efficacy of EPs 7630 for the treatment of acute bronchitis in both adults and children.10*
While one study compared EPs 7630 against N-acteylcysteine, the other five were placebo-controlled trials. All studies treated patients for seven days. The primary outcome measure was the Bronchitis Severity Score (BSS), which evaluates changes in cough, sputum, rales/rhonchi, chest pain during coughing, and dyspnea.*
The conclusion of the analysis is that all studies demonstrated a significant decrease in the BSS after seven days of treatment with EPs 7630. In one study with 468 adult patients, onset of relief was noted within 4 days after beginning treatment in 53.6% of those taking EPs 7630 compared to only 36.2% in the placebo group.11*
On day 7, BSS had decreased by 5.9 ± 2.9 in the EPs 7630 group and by 3.2 ± 4.1 in the placebo group compared to baseline (p
Finally, a third study (n = 217) saw a complete remission in cough after 7 days in 51.9% of those taking EPs 7630 compared to only 11.9% in the placebo group.13 No serious adverse events were reported in any of the studies reviewed. The authors of the review conclude, “Currently available data from six high quality randomized clinical trials suggests there is encouraging evidence that P. sidoides is effective compared to placebo for patients with acute bronchitis.”*
Any patient presenting with sinusitis probably complains about more than just having to blow their nose more often. Beyond nasal discharge, sinusitis generally means headaches and maxillary toothaches as well. Because of this, the Sinusitis Severity Score (SSS) measures the change in the following symptoms: headache; maxillary pain; maxillary pain worse on bending forward, percussion, or pressure; nasal obstruction; purulent nasal secretion; and, of course, purulent nasal discharge.*
A randomized, placebo-controlled study with 103 adult patients with acute sinusitis studied EPs 7630 for 21 days.14 The dose of EPs 7630 was 3 mL three times per day, double the standard adult dosage. The decrease in SSS was 5.5 points in the EPs 7630 group compared to 2.5 points in the placebo group (p*
Sore throat (Tonsillopharyngitis)
Patients complaining of a sore throat may be best treated early on to avoid subsequent complications. Often, children seem to be especially affected. Here again, EPs 7630 may be able to help.*
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 143 children ages 6-10 years, with non-strep (group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus) tonsillopharyngitis received either EPs 7630 or a placebo for 6 days. 15*
In this study, outcomes were measured using the Tonsillopharyngitis Severity Score (TSS) that measures sore throat, difficulty swallowing, inflammation, and fever.*
The decrease of TSS from baseline (day 0) to day 4 was 7.0 ± 2.4 points in the EPs 7630 group and 2.9 ± 2.4 points in the placebo group (p < 0.0001). On day 2, TSS decreased from 10.3 ± 1.2 to 6.8 ± 2.2 in the EPs 7630 group compared to 9.7 ± 1.4 to 8.2 ± 2.8 in the placebo group (p < 0.0001), suggesting a critical early response in the EPS 7630 group. By day 6, the number of children returning to school was 80.8% in the EPs 7630 group compared to only 21.4% in the placebo group (p < 0.0001).*
Give your patients a clear choice
There are plenty of resources available to fight the symptoms, but not many that address the cause. ViraClear EPs 7630 gets to the root of the issue. It provides you and your patients with an effective, clinically studied choice. It’s a well-tolerated medicine that has led the way in Europe for over a decade. Over 9,000 patients – including children – have benefited from this natural medicine. Now, your patients can as well.*
For even more details, see the monograph
Want to find out more? Check out the monograph on EPs 7630.*
- Van der Walt JJA, Vorster PJ. Pelargoniums of Southern Africa, Vol. 3. National Botanic Gardens, Kirstenbosch, 1988.*
- Kolodziej H, Schulz V. Umckaloabo: From traditional application to modern phytodrug. Deutsche Apotheker Zeitung 2003;143:55–64.*
- Koch K, Biber A. Treatment of rats with the Pelargonium sidoides extract EPs® 7630 has no effect on blood coagulation parameters or on the pharmacokinetics of warfarin. Phytomedicine 2007;14(Suppl 1):40-5.*
- Kolodziej H, Kayser O, Radtke OA, et al. Pharmacological profile of extracts of Pelargonium sidoides and their constituents. Phytomedicine 2003;10(Suppl 4):18-24.*
- Kolodziej H, Kiderlen AF. In vitro evaluation of antibacterial and immunomodulatory acitivites of Pelargonium reniforme, Pelargonium sidoides and the related herbal drug preparation EPs® 7630. Phytomedicine 2007;14(suppl 1):18-26.*
- Conrad A, Hansmann C, Engels I, et al. Extract of Pelargonium sidoides (EPs® 7630) improves phagocytosis, oxidative burst, and intracellular killing of human peripheral blood phagocytes in vitro. Phytomedicine 2007;14(suppl 1):46-51.*
- Neugebauer P, Mickenhagen A, Siefer O, Walger M. A new approach to pharmacological effects of ciliary beat frequency in cell cultures – exemplary measurements under Pleargonium sidoides extract (EPs 7630). Phytomedicine 2005;12:46-51.*
- Timmer A, Günther J, Rücker G, et al. Pelargonium sidoides extract for acute respiratory infections (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 3, Art No: CD006323.*
- Lizogub VG, Riley DS, Heger M. Efficacy of a Pelargonium sidoides preparation in patients with the common cold: A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Explore 2007;3:573–84.*
- Agbabiaka TB, Guo R, Ernst E. Pelargonium sidoides for acute bronchitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Phytomedicine 2008;15:378-85.*
- Matthys H, Eisebitt T, Seith B, Heger M. Efficacy and safety of an extract of Pelagronium sidoides (EPs 7630) in adults with acute bronchitis. Phytomedicine. 2003;10(Suppl 4):7–17*
- Chuchalin AG, Berman B, Lehmacher W. Treatment of acute bronchitis in adults with a Pelargonium sidoides preparation (EPs® 7630): A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Explore 2005;1:437–45.*
- Matthys H, Heger M. Treatment of acute bronchitis with a liquid herbal drug preparation from Pelargonium sidoides (EPs 7630): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. Current Med Res Opinion 2007;23:323–31*
- Bachert C, Schapowal A, Funk P, Kieser M. Treatment of acute rhinosinusitis with the preparation from Pelargonium siodoides EPs® 7630: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Rhinology 2009;47:51-8*
- Bereznoy V, Riley D, Wassmer G, Heger M. Efficacy of extract of Pelargonium sidoides in children with acute non-group a beta-hemolytic streptococcus tonsillopharyngitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Altern Ther Health Med 2003;9:68–79.*
V Clear EPs 7630 1 fl oz
Original Formula for Upper Respiratory Support (13% Alcohol)
For best results, use at first sign of symptoms and continue to use for an additional 48 hours after symptoms cease.
- Adults & Children 12 years of age and older:
take 1.5 mL three times daily.
- Children 6 to 12 years of age: take 1 mL three
- Children under 6 years of age: consult a doctor.
Inactive ingredients: purified water and vegetable
Active ingredient (in each teaspoon - 5 mL)
Pelargonium sidoides 1X
- Shortens duration and reduces severity of symptoms associated with common colds and throat/nasal/bronchial irritations:
- congestion, cough, headache
- hoarseness, sore throat
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use. Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Warnings: Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by a fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly. Ask a doctor before use if you have a cough that lasts, is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, or is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus). Stop use and consult a doctor if new symptoms occur, symptoms get worse or last more than 7 days, cough lasts more than 7 days or occurs with rash or persistent headache, or fever worsens or lasts more than 3 days. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Other Information Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight. Do not use if printed inner seal under bottle cap is broken or missing
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.