- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Support Mucosa 90 caps | Comprehensive Mineral Formula | BioMatrix
formulated to accelerate repair of the mucosal barrier of the gut wall. It reduces inflammation while soothing and restoring the intestinal lining. The choice of hundreds of health professionals and thousands of patients.
- Ingredients shown to aid in intestinal repair
- Heal damaged mucosal tissues
- First-Line proprietary blend of synergistic nutrients
- Contains L-Glutamine for epithelial cell repair
- The choice of thousands of people with gut health problems
Protect and restore the intestinal mucosal lining, your first-line immune defense against infections and illness. This formula contains a rich blend of amino acids and herbals designed to nourish the cells that line your gut. Heal yourself.
- Nourishes the intestinal lining which, strengthening this first line of immune defense
- Helps protect the body against harmful organisms found in the gut
- Reduces gut inflammation
- Alleviates gastrointestinal discomfort
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Reverses the damage caused by food intolerances, parasitic infections, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, colitis and leaky gut syndrome
- Acknowledged by many patients as a product that helps breathing and nasal passage health
- Reduces the burden on the liver from toxins leaking through the gut wall †
Your First-Line Immune Defense
The mucosal barrier—your first-line immune defense—refers to all of the mucous membranes that comprise the primary interface between the external environment and the internal environment of the body. Support Mucosa targets the most critical barrier, that which lines your intestines. This mucosal barrier lets beneficial things into your general circulation and keeps harmful ones out.
To clarify this, an analogy can be made between the earth’s ozone layer and your body’s mucosal barriers. The ozone layer lets the right amount of sunlight through, sustaining life on earth; your mucosal barriers allow nutrients through, sustaining your health. The ozone layer prevents harmful radiation from getting through; the mucosal barriers prevent infectious agents and allergens from invading your body. But just as our planet has a damaged ozone layer, many of us have damaged mucosal barriers. Consequently, we are not protected from harmful substances such as parasites, viruses, and bacteria.
In the image below, we see a healthy mucosal lining (left) and one with collapsed tissues—caused by inflammation—on the right. When the finger-like projections called villi collapse visible on the right—harmful organisms are harbored and given a safe place to thrive, while nutrient absorption becomes compromised. The promotion of healing and protection against such damage is paramount to overall health and disease prevention.
Nourish and Restore
Healing of the mucosal barrier can occur when the causes of inflammation are removed and targeted nutrition is delivered. Support Mucosa is specifically formulated to accelerate repair of the mucosal barrier of the gut wall, restoring healthy form and function to damaged tissue. It reduces overall inflammation and supports the liver by preventing toxins from leaking through and damaging this organ, while soothing and restoring the intestinal lining.
A principal component in the formula is the amino acid Glutamine. Glutamine’s ability to heal the mucosal barrier cells and tissue is well known in nutritional science, as is its role in reducing the amount of toxins that penetrate through the barrier into the bloodstream. Glutamine is arguably the most important amino acid given its ability to rebuild tissues and strengthen immune function.
Dr. Timmins’ First-Line™ Proprietary Blend is a synergistic mix of botanicals that reduces gut inflammation and assists in tissue repair. Combined with the soothing and restorative ingredients quercetin, MSM, bromelain, gamma oryzanol, and N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine, an amino acid sugar essential for tissue repair, First-Line™ acts as a cohesive healing force. It can improve mucosal barrier integrity, contributing to improved nutrient absorption and protection against foreign agents.
Support Mucosa 90 caps | Comprehensive Mineral Formula | BioMatrix
Suggested use: 3 capsules 2x daily 15 minutes before meals or as directed by a health professional
Three Capsules of Support Minerals Contain:
Three Capsules Contain:
Biotin - 1000 mcg
- Biotin enters the body through the intestinal mucosa. When a mucosal lining is compromised, supplemental biotin helps to maintain therapeutic levels in circulation. Apart from being a vital cofactor to several enzymes responsible for reducing inflammation, biotin is essential in cell growth through its role in the manufacture of DNA and RNA, the genetic components of cells. REF 1, 2
L-Glutamine USP - 425 mg
- Glutamine plays a key role in the metabolism, structure, and function of the entire gastrointestinal tract, and its extensive immune system. It is the preferred respiratory fuel for cells called enterocytes and colonocytes. Maintaining the biological activity of these cells is fundamental to maintaining the integrity of the intestinal barrier. In addition, glutamine helps maintain secretory IgA, the antibody that prevents the attachment of foreign substances to mucosal cells. REF 3, 4, 5, 6
Quercetin - 340 mg
- Found in only a few dietary sources, quercetin is an antioxidant flavonoid well known for suppressing asthma symptoms. Quercetin prevents the formation of certain inflammatory mediators, thus reducing inflammation and pain in many instances. The mechanism is similar to that of aspirin, but without the side effects. Quercetin also spares vitamin C and stabilizes cell membranes, including those of the mast cells critical to the mucosal immune function. REF 7, 8, 9
N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine - 250 mg
- Acetyl-D-Glucosamine, a component of intestinal mucous secretions, is deficient in an inflamed bowel, thus reducing the integrity of the mucosal surfaces. Research shows N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine to be an effective component in the treatment in inflammatory bowel disease. REF 10, 11
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) - 160 mg
- Experiments with MSM have demonstrated that it binds to the intestinal mucosa. By doing so, it presents a blocking interface between the internal environment of the body and the influences of the external environment. As a result, substances such as allergens and parasites cannot readily bind to the mucosa, toxins are oxidized, and free radicals are eliminated. REF 12, 13
Bromelain (2400 GDU/g) from pineapple - 85 mg
- Bromelain is an anti-inflammatory enzyme used to reduce or eliminate pain, aid digestion, accelerate healing, prevent strokes and reduce blood pressure. Derived from pineapple, its primary purpose in Support Mucosa is the control of local inflammation. REF14, 15
Gamma Oryzanol - 85 mg
- Gamma oryzanol, a component of rice bran oil, has been shown to reduce small bowel ulcer formation-by inhibition of gastric acid secretion-and have antioxidant effects on the gastrointestinal mucosa. In one study, gamma oryzanol shows improvement of gastritis in over 62% of the subjects involved. REF 16, 17
First-Line Proprietary Blend - 500 mg
- Deglycyrrhized Licorice Root Extract
- Deglycyrrhized licorice (DGL) increases the quantity and quality of the natural protective substances that line the intestinal tract and increases the blood supply to the intestinal lining. REF 18, 19
- Hawthorne Berry Extract
- Well known for its effectiveness at reducing the risk of heart disease, hawthorn berry extract gently dilates the coronary vessels, increasing the supply of arterial blood to the heart. This action enhances circulation and oxygen utilization throughout the mucosal tissues. REF 20, 21
- Milk Thistle Seed Extract (Standardized to Contain 80% Silymarin)
- Milk thistle has been shown to support healthy liver function and decrease blood sugar levels, both actions that contribute to the healing process stimulated by the formula. The extract helps the liver manage the burden of extra toxins permeating through a compromised mucosal barrier. REF 22, 23
- Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng) Root Extract (Standardized to Contain 0.8% Eleutherosides)
- In studies, eleuthero appears to boost immune system function by increasing the activity of immune system cells. By helping the body to tolerate mental and physical stress, it promotes tissue repair and supports mucosal immune activity.REF 24, 25
- Slippery Elm Bark
- Slippery elm bark has noted anti-inflammatory activity and is very rich in mucilage, a complex mixture of polysaccharides (complex carbohydrates). Because the mucilage resists digestion by stomachs acids and enzymes, the bark exacts a soothing action throughout the entire digestive system. REF26, 27
- Turmeric Root Extract (Standardized to Contain 95% Curcumin)
- Studies indicate that the curcumin in turmeric root has anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit COX-2 activity. COX-2 is an enzyme responsible for inflammation and pain. The low incidence of colorectal cancers observed in Asia is thought to be linked to high dietary intake of turmeric. REF 28, 29
Other ingredients: Natural vegetable capsules, magnesium stearate, and microcrystalline cellulose
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice