- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Support Liver - Comprehensive Liver Detox | BioMatrix
Support Liver was designed by Dr. Timmins to help the two phases of liver detoxification. Includes such key ingredients as L-Glutathione (reduced) and L-Methionine. Support your liver so that it can support you.
- Promotes detoxification
- Supports overall liver integrity
- Contains high levels of nutrients proven to aid in liver health
- An essential component of any anti-aging or disease management plan
The importance of a healthy liver cannot be over stated when it comes to wellness, prevention, and disease management. Suppporting this organ with high quality nutrition supplements is essential in this world of toxic stress. Supplement with Support Liver for superior support
- Supports healthy liver function
- Protects the liver from toxic overload and cell damage
- Helps in energy production
- Aids the liver in the breakdown of toxins and metabolic waste
- Enhances the activities of detoxification enzymes
- Protects against free radical damage
- Fights fatigue and malaise
- Contributes to improved filtration of blood
- Helps to reduce discomfort caused by hepatic diseases
- Targets each phase of liver detoxification with specific essential nutrients
The Body's Filter and Protector
The liver may be the single most important organ in the body for supporting overall physical health. It is the largest organ in the body (besides the skin) and has an enormous amount of blood flowing through it every moment. It cleanses the bloodstream, with its Kuppfer cells acting as the filter, and is of vital importance to immunity and energy production. The liver is best known for its role in detoxification, transforming substances like ammonia, metabolic waste, drugs and chemicals, so that they can be excreted. The liver is also the source of bile, which functions to break down fats. It is a source of energy, storing glucose in the form of glycogen which is converted back to glucose. Metabolizing carbohydrates, proteins and fats, making food available to the body for energy, tissue building, activating enzymes...the list of the liver’s functions is long and reinforces the point that we need to protect it!
The world is toxic. The liver is under unprecedented chronic stress. Environmental chemicals, prescription and illicit drugs, excessive use of alcohol and caffeine, poor diet, pollution, metabolic disorders, parasites, etc - it's amazing that we live with our livers as well as we do. Defending the filter of the body from damage is essential to maintaining health and avoiding disease – a sluggish liver equals sluggish mind and body.
The Two Phases of Detoxification
Support Liver was designed by Dr. Timmins to support the two phases of liver detoxification. The liver transforms fat-soluble toxins into a water-soluble form so they can be released through the kidneys (for elimination through the urine) and into the bile (for elimination through the colon). This transformation occurs during a two-phase process:
Phase I involves a group of 50 to 100 enzymes called the cytochrome P448 and P450 systems. These enzymes play a central role in the detoxification of both exogenous components (such as drugs and pesticides) and endogenous ones (such as hormones), as well as in the synthesis of steroid hormones and bile acids.
A side effect of this metabolic activity is the production of free radicals, which bind to cellular components and cause cellular damage. The most important antioxidant for neutralizing these free radicals is glutathione, which is needed both for Phase I and Phase II. When exposure to high levels of toxins produces so many free radicals from Phase I detoxification that all the glutathione is exhausted, Phase II processes dependent on glutathione cease. This causes an imbalance between Phase I and Phase II activity, which results in severe toxic reactions, due to buildup of toxic intermediate forms.
Phase II detoxification involves conjugation, which means that a protective compound becomes bound to the toxin. Besides glutathione conjugation there are essentially five other processes: amino acid conjugation, methylation, sulfation, sulfoxidation, acetylation and glucuronidation. These enzyme systems need specific nutrients in order to function. If the liver cells are not functioning properly, phase II detoxification slows down and increases the toxic load by allowing the buildup of toxic intermediates.
As explained below, Support Liver contains the ideal amounts of specific nutrients to support this phase, as well as phase I.
The Two Phases Of Liver Detoxificiation
Support Liver | BioMatrix
Suggested use: 1 or more capsules 10-15 minutes before each meal or as directed by laboratory findings.
Individualized dosages can be further refined with data provided by testing indican levels to evaluate difficulty digesting protein. Additionally, it is important to diagnose the underlying cause of inadequate protein digestion rather than covering up a potential problem with enzyme and/or HCl supplementation. (For more information on applicable lab testing)
One Capsule of Support Digestion Contains:
Betaine HCl - 150 mg
- Betaine hydrochloride is a source of hydrochloric acid, a naturally occurring chemical in the stomach that helps in digestion by breaking down fats and proteins. Hydrochloric acid is necessary to maintain the optimum acidity (pH 1-3) for pepsin function. 1
Pepsin 1:3000 - 75 mg
- In the stomach, this proteolytic enzyme functions to break proteins into smaller pieces called polypeptides, preparing amino acids for absorption. 3, 2
Papain (6000 USP) - 50 mg
- o Derived from the fruit papaya, the uses of papain in medicine and general health are numerous. Papain has a soothing effect on the stomach and aids in protein digestion. It is an essential proteolytic enzyme. 3, 4
Pancreatin 8X - 175 mg
- A blend of the pancreatic enzymes that digest fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. 5
Bromelain (2400 GDU/g) - 50 mg
- Derived from pineapple stems, bromelain targets the long chain polypeptides of ingested proteins, and breaks them down via hydrolysis to shorter chain peptides. 6, 7
Ox Bile Extract - 60 mg
- Ox Bile Extract is a natural fat emulsifier & stimulant for secretion of fat digesting enzymes.8
Other Ingredients: Natural Gelatin Capsules. May contain one or more of the following: Calcium Silicate, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice