- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
SAM-e Plus | Karuna -
Over a decade of rigorous clinical studies in Europe and elsewhere have established SAM-e (S-adenosyl-L-methionine, an essential methylation and transulfuration cofactor) as a useful tool for supporting normal mood regulation, and joint and liver health. SAM-e increases cell membrane fluidity, up-regulates neurotransmitter receptor number, and enhances neurotransmitter receptor affinity. SAM-e supports healthy joints both by increasing the number of articular chondrocytes, and by stimulating the synthesis of protective sulfated proteoglycans therein. SAM-e also protects synovial cells against pro-inflammatory prostanoids, and blocks enzymes that degrade cartilage. SAM-e is a precursor of the critical antioxidant glutathione, a key molecule in the detoxification process in the liver. SAM-e Pluscontains the tosylate form of SAM-e as used extensively in clinical trials, and includes several other ingredients found in studies to support and facilitate these functions. SAM-e Plus tablets are enterically-coated, essential for preventing demethylation in the stomach.*
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAM-e) supports normal liver function by acting as a methyl donor, and by promoting the regeneration of sulfur-containing amino acids and glutathione which protect against oxidative stress and toxic substances (Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1993;7:21-8).*
- SAM-e promotes the health of joints by stimulating the synthesis of proteoglycans in articular chondrocytes; SAM-e acts with minimal or no side effects on the gastrointestinal tract and other organs (Am J Med 1987;83:60-5).*
- SAM-e is a major source of methyl groups in the brain, and promotes normal mood regulation (Acta Neurol Scand Suppl1994;154:7-14).*
- SAM-e Plus tablets are enterically coated, which is essential since oral SAM-e is largely demethylated in the stomach, thereby losing much of its unique character.*
- SAM-e Plus includes additional nutrient factors essential for normal methylation functions (Proc Nutr Soc 1999;58:441-8, Am J Clin Nutr 1995;61:659S-665S)*
SAM-e Plus 30/60 tablets | Karuna
PERISHABLE ITEM NON-RETURNABLE
Serving size - 2 tablets
Servings per container - 15
2 enterically-coated tablets provide:
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl L-Methionine tosylate disulfate): 400 mg
Choline (bitartrate): 50 mg
B3 (niacinamide): 30 mg
B6 (pyridoxine HCl): 2 mg
Folic Acid: 400 mcg
B12 (cyanocobalamin): 20 mcg
Suggested use for adults:
Two tablets daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
*This product is intended for professional use and is manufactured under strict quality control to ensure the optimum in purity, potency and reliability.
This product contains no yeast, wheat, soy, corn, milk, salt, sugar, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring.
KEEP IN A COOL, DRY PLACE TIGHTLY CAPPED.
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.