- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Para-Gard® (intestinal defense botanicals†) | Integrative Therapeutics
Utilized for intestinal defense to maintain healthy intestinal flora.
Why support your immune system with goldenseal, berberine and garlic?
- They work with your digestive system - one of the frontlines for immune health.†
- A healthy immune system also depends on healthy intestinal flora - the "good bacteria" that help us digest nutrients properly.†
Why use Para-Gard®?
- It combines proven ingredients.
- A high-potency botanical supplement utilized for intestinal defense.† Para-Gard® contains botanical concentrates and standardized extracts shown to exhibit activity against a variety of intestinal organisms in in-vitro and in-vivo studies.†
- Para-Gard® provides effective intestinal support.†
- Para-Gard® is great for travel!
- Para-Gard® supports healthy digestion when your eating habits may be altered, plus it helps keep your immune system running smoothly.†
The human gastrointestinal tract contains between 10 to 100 trillion microorganisms, which play an important role in gastrointestinal health by supporting the digestion of nutrients, enhancing the body's detoxification processes, and promoting healthy immune system function. Additionally, these microorganisms help maintain gut barrier function, which is critical to intestinal defense.†1
How Does It Work?:
Para-Gard promotes intestinal balance by supporting immune, detoxification, and antioxidant defenses.† The herbs in Para-Gard have been shown to promote healthy microflora balance in both cell studies and clinical settings.†
The following chart details the benefits of the key ingredients in Para-Gard®:
- Berberine Sulfate Berberine sulfate is a natural plant alkaloid found in goldenseal, barberry, and Oregon grape. It has been shown to enhance intestinal health by promoting the healthy balance of a broad spectrum of bacterial and fungal organisms.† 2 In clinical study, administration of berberine sulfate reduced occasional gastrointestinal discomfort; incidence of occasional loose stools were greatly reduced.† 3
- Grapefruit In cell studies, grapefruit seed and pulp extracts have been shown to support a healthy balance of bacteria, yeast, and fungi.† 4,5 Key compounds include the flavanones naringin and hesperidin.5
- Gentian Gentian is a source of bitter compounds, including gentiopricroside, swertiamarine, sweroside.6 The herb is known for its antioxidant properties and its gastrointestinal benefits.† 7 Additionally, gentiopicroside has been shown to support the body's natural anti-inflammatory response.† 8
- Garlic Fresh garlic, and its key compound allicin, has been shown to support bacterial, fungal, and yeast balance.† 9-12 In vitro studies have shown that allicin alters cellular metabolic processes in bacteria by inhibiting RNA synthesis.† 10 Allicin can also inhibit microbial lipid synthesis, which affects cell wall integrity.† 10
- Black Walnut The green hull of black walnut (Juglans nigra) is a source of juglone, an important compound shown to support the balance of a wide variety of bacterial and yeast organisms.† 13,14 Juglone has also been demonstrated to enhance the activity of the detoxification enzymes, quinone reductase and glutathione transferase.† 15
- Goldenseal Goldenseal alkaloids, including berberine and hydrastine, have been clinically shown to support healthy immune responses.† 16,17 Berberine enhances production of immunoglobulin (IgM), which is critical to intestinal defense.† 16 Extracts of goldenseal have been shown to support the balance of a broad range of intestinal organisms.† 16
- Jamaica Quassia The bark of quassia, Picrasma excelsa, has long been used to promote immune defense in the intestinal tract.† 18 Its bitter substances, quassinoids and canthinones, have been shown to support microflora balance by altering cellular processes in bacteria.† 18,19 Quassinoids inhibit bacterial enzymes that regulate nucleic acid metabolism and purine synthesis; they also affect cellular energy production.† 20
- Sweet Wormwood Artemisinin, the key compound found in the dried leaves and flowers of Artemisia annua, has been clinically shown to support healthy intestinal defense.† 21 By decreasing protein synthesis in certain bacteria, artemisinin improves microbial balance.† 22
Para-Gard is an effective combination of botanical concentrates and extracts, which supports the body's defenses.† Para-Gard supports healthy microflora balance and restores intestinal health.†
Para-Gard® 60 caps | Integrative Therapeutics
Serving Size: 3 Capsules Amount/Serving
- Berberine Sulfate 300 mg
- Grapefruit (Citrus x paradisi) Seed Extract 300 mg
- Gentian (Gentiana lutea) Root 225 mg 4:1 Extract
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) Root 150 mgExtract 5% Total Alkaloids
- Black Walnut (Juglans nigra) Green Outer Hull 150 mg 4:1 Extract
- Garlic (Allium sativum) Bulb 150 mg Extract 0.8% Allicin
- Jamaica Quassia (Picrasma excelsa) Bark 150 mg 4:1 Extract
- Sweet Wormwood (Artemisia annua) 150 mg Aerial Parts
Other Ingredients: Natural polysaccharide capsule, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and silicon dioxide.
Contains No: milk, yeast, gluten, corn, soy or ingredients of animal origin.
If taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Keep this product out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Tamper-evident packaging for your protection.
As with any product, discontinue use if adverse effects occur.
Recommendations: Take 1 to 3 capsules 3 times daily between meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice