Organix: Organic Acid Test
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customer feedback
The Organix Profile | MetaMetrix
Chronically Ill Patients Want an Answer, Not a Label*
Since 1992, Metametrix has offered the Organix Profile, a complete quantitative organic acids test. The Organix provides a view into the body's cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function. Identifying metabolic blocks or problems with detoxification, gut dysbiosis, or oxidative stress that can be treated nutritionally allows for individual tailoring of interventions. Targeted treatment can help maximize patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.*
Advantages of the Organix Comprehensive Profile
- Extensive Analyte List - The Organix Comprehensive contains one of the most extensive analyte lists in the industry. Including markers such as Quinolinate, D-Arabinitol, and 8-Hydroxy-2'deoxyguanosine, the Organix offers great value.*
- Innovative Method - The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.*
- Single Urine Specimen - A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.*
Why use an organic acid test?
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. Testing for organic acids helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where therapeutic focus is needed.*
The Organix Profile provides important information in the areas of:
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies*
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)*
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers*
- Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency*
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency*
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess central nervous system (CNS) function*
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components*
- Methylation sufficiency status*
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers*
- Specific dysbiosis markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth*
The Organix Profiles can provide important information for treating certain conditions, including:
- Sleep abnormalities*
- Mood changes*
- Blood sugar dysregulation*
- Weight gain*
- Multiple chemical sensitivity*
- Joint pain*
- Autoimmune disorders*
- Early aging*
Organix: Organic Acid Test | MetaMetrix
Test fees include testk kit, mailer, test instructions, processing, handling, shipping, test results and review.
In-office consultations with Dr. Forrest are available by appointment: Consultation information
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The ordering of tests from this site does not imply a doctor patient relationship. They are informational only. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that allow the body to rebuild and heal itself.
The products and information mentioned on our website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Dr. Forrest is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of California since 1987. He is not a medical doctor and as such cannot comment on your use of prescription medicines or other controlled substances.
For your health and safety please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for real medical advice. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. It is generally recommended that you do not self diagnose and treat. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.
Forrest Health, Inc. does not provide insurance billing for anything purchased through this site. We do not provide diagnosis or insurance billing codes. If this is important to you we recommend working with your local physician who can provide such services.
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.