Mitochondrial Dysregulation & Fatigue
Mitochondria are sometimes described as "cellular power plants," because they convert food molecules into energy cells. They produce the energy inside the cells of you body. Due to genetics, toxemia and poor nutrition these processes can break down and when they do they produce less energy
When assessing low energy conditions it is sometimes necessary to check the mitochondrial function by doing an Organix Test. This is a comprehensive test of metabolic processes in the body and we consider it one of our base lines tests.
The mitochondria require:
- B-vitamins, particularly vitamins B1, B2, and B3, play central roles in driving the Krebs cycle and energy (ATP) production.
- Alpha lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant, helps cells efficiently burn glucose and increases energy production.
- Carnitine, a component of protein, helps transport fats into cells where they are burned for energy.
- Coenzyme Q10 plays key roles shuttling around energy-carrying electrons and protons in OXPHOS, leading to higher ATP.
- Ribose - plays a role in energy metabolism
- Resveratrol - helps
increase the number of energy producing mitochondria
The Aging Metabolism pdf - click to open
The Many Causes of Fatigue
Fatigue can have many causes. Overcoming fatigue, on a consistent basis requires that the underlying causes be understood and addressed. Below you will find the most common causes of fatigue. Generally when these areas are addressed energy levels come up and the feelings of vitality and well being increase.
In our clinic we ask a number of questions on every visit to asses the overall subjective experience of health and well being. These questions are on a scale of 1-10 with 7 being what we consider good health. Many of our patients come to us because their subjective experience of energy and vitality is below 7, often below 4.
If your energy levels are below 7/10 or if you want to raise your energy levels even higher then you may want to consider the following areas. The list is not exhaustive but does cover the vast majority of cases.
- Adrenal Fatigue & Adrenal Exhaustion
- Blood Sugar Imbalances
- Food Allergies and Gluten Sensitivity
- Heavy Metals
- Hormone Depletion
- Mitochondrial Dysregulation
- Neurotransmitter Exhaustion
- Vitamin/Mineral/Fatty Acid/Amino Acid Deficiencies
- Yeast and Fungus Infections
If you are uncertain as to which products or programs to use or which tests to take; or, if you would like additional help:
- Contact us with a brief question.
- Arrange a phone consultation with Dr. Forrest.
Call ( 408) 354-4262