MELISA Metals Profiles
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
MELISA Metals Profiles
State-of-the-art metals testing
These profiles are suggested for patients with symptoms of hypersensitivity to metal, and those who have had possible immunological responses to: dental amalgams and implants, orthopedic and electrical implants, cosmetics and jewelry, foods and cookware, occupational exposure, reaction to vaccinations, preservatives or thimerosal.*
The metals in the middle of the periodic table are called transition metals. As the name suggests, they are unstable and bind to enzymes and cell proteins. Most of the metals used in dental restorations such as titanium, chromium, nickel, gold and mercury are transition metals. For most people, the new structure which is the consequence of such binding will not cause any problems. In genetically susceptible people, the new structure will activate the immune system and might lead to allergy and autoimmunity.*
Theoretically, all metals can be tested in MELISA®, but certain metals are more frequently inducing allergy than others. Also, we are more frequently exposed to certain metals, mainly nickel, from food and jewelry, and mercury, from amalgam fillings and polluted fish.*
Usually, laboratories offer panels of selected metals to suit the dental history of the patient, for example if they only have amalgam fillings or both amalgam and gold.*
If you have been occupationally exposed to a metals which is not tested routinely, please contact us and we will try to arrange it.*
Selecting A Metals Panel
Every laboratory will offer different types of testing panels to help the patient choose what to test. Typically, the panels will be based on the types of dental metal fillings in the patient's mouth, such as amalgam, gold or titanium implants.*
Ideally, the patients should contact their dentists to find out the exact composition of the fillings, but often the dentist will not know. That why the panels might be useful as they test for metals most often found in certain types of dental fillings and for metals that patients are most likely to react to.*
Some patients will not have any metal fillings but will be exposed to metal in other ways. You can take our free pre-test questionnaire which will tell you which metals you are likely to be exposed to.*
- Sources of metal exposure are, except for dental implants:
- Bodily implants such as hip replacements, screws, nails, clips, usually made from titanium or stainless steel, which contains nickelÖ etc. Braces and IU devices and breast implants.*
- Smoking, both active and passive, contains mercury, nickel, cadmium, manganese*
- Vaccines: may contain thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, and aluminum*
- Medication: antacids contain aluminium and pills may have titanium dioxide (E171) or other metal oxides in their coating to enhance their appearance. Antiseptic preparations used to contain mercury and still do in underdeveloped countries. Barium is found in x-ray fluids.*
- Food from contaminated areas contain more metals than others, whether its fish, meat, vegetables or fruit.*
- Fish can contain high amounts of methyl mercury, which accumulates up in the food chains so that large predatory fish contain more mercury than smaller fish.*
- Seafood may contain mercury and arsenic.*
- Nickel is found in bananas, cocoa, oatmeal, green vegetables and a variety of other foods.*
- Vegetables from polluted areas may contain cadmium, palladium, lead etc.*
- Tinned food can contain tin and aluminium.*
- Wine can contain molybdenum, nickel and lead.*
- Occupational exposure: construction workers, miners, electricians, rubber/wood/paper/textile industry workers, dentists, hairdressers and painters are some occupations that will be more exposed to metals in their work than others.*
- Living close to a highway, airport, crematory and factory or in the same house as a dental clinic may lead to increased exposure to metals such as palladium, cadmium, lead and mercury.*
MELISA Metals I Profile #55600
- Titanium dioxide*
MELISA Dental and Amalgam Profile #56602
MELISA Implants Profile #55605
- Aluminum, Chromium*
- Titanium Calcium*
- Titanium Dioxide*
MELISA Mercury Profile #55607
- Inorganic mercury*
- MELISA® Metals II Profile #55612
MELISA Metals Profiles
Test fees include testk kit, mailer, test instructions, processing, handling, shipping, test results and review.
In-office consultations with Dr. Forrest are available by appointment: Consultation information
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The ordering of tests from this site does not imply a doctor patient relationship. They are informational only. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that allow the body to rebuild and heal itself.
The products and information mentioned on our website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Dr. Forrest is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of California since 1987. He is not a medical doctor and as such cannot comment on your use of prescription medicines or other controlled substances.
For your health and safety please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for real medical advice. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. It is generally recommended that you do not self diagnose and treat. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.
Forrest Health, Inc. does not provide insurance billing for anything purchased through this site. We do not provide diagnosis or insurance billing codes. If this is important to you we recommend working with your local physician who can provide such services.
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.