Macula Complete - 180 gels
- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Macula Complete 180 gels | BioSyntrx
Macula Complete is our premium broad-spectrum supplement of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant phytochemicals designed to support optimal body and retinal function.
Macula Complete includes the nutrients used the three major studies on eye health.
- ARED study
- Lutein Antioxidant Supplement Trial (LAST)
- Phototrope Study (with the exception of Omega-3 fatty acids, which we present as a stand along product, ZoOmega-3, to ensure fatty acid stability.
These studies showed virtually no AMD disease progression in the study participants over a one year period. We also added large amounts of Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine which have been suggested in peer-reviewed studies to hlep the mitochondria, as well as to support production of cellular (ATP) energy.
Macula Complete contains all of the nutrients included in our less potent formulation, Oculair, including the B vitamins suggested to control blood levels of homocysteine, which has been suggested to increase the risk of developing AMD, plus potent levels of the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants suggested in recent peer-reviewed scientific literature to address cataract formation, as well as vascular related inflammatory diseases of the entire body, and other diseases of the eye, such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy. The nutrient levels in Macula Complete do not exceed the Institute of Medicine's (IOM) safe upper limits for long-term daily consumption.
Macula Complete is properly balanced with a full-spectrum of minerals, including zinc, copper and manganese, which are all three required to produce manganese super-oxide dismutase (Mn SOD), which is necessary to neutralize singlet oxygen and the super-oxide free-radicals suggested to contribute to vascular disease and degenerative diseases of the eyes, including macula degeneration. This issue is not adequately addressed in products that only include the ingredients in the ARED study formulation.
If taken as separate nutrients, it would be necessary to take forty-six capsules a day and to spend over $225.00 a month to equal the active ingredient nutrients included in six capsules a day of Macula Complete. The cost of Macula Complete is one quarter that amount.
Age related macular degeneration
Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) is a degenerative condition of the macula (the central retina). It is the most common cause of vision loss in Americans age 50 and older, particularly in blue-eyed, post-menopausal females. Its prevalence increases with age.
AMD is caused by arterial damage, which decreases blood flow into the capillaries that nourish the retina and macula and deprives the sensitive retinal tissue of oxygen and nutrients it needs to function and thrive. As a result the central vision deteriorates.
The macula is located at the center of the retina. The retina sends light from the eye to the brain, and the macula allows you to see fine detail.
Macular degeneration varies widely in severity. In the worst cases, ARMD causes a complete loss of central vision, making reading or driving impossible. For others, it may cause only slight distortion. Fortunately, macular degeneration does not cause total blindness since it does not affect the peripheral vision.
Macular degeneration is classified as either wet (neovascular) or dry (non-neovascular). About 10% of people who suffer from macular degeneration have wet AMD. This type occurs when new vessels form to improve the blood supply to oxygen-deprived retinal tissue. However, the new vessels are very delicate and break easily, causing bleeding and damage to surrounding tissue.
Macular degeneration may be caused by a variety of factors. Genetics, age, nutrition, smoking and sunlight exposure all play a role.
Several studies have shown a strong correlation between nutrition and the development of macular degeneration. It has been demonstrated that people with diets high in fruits and vegetables (especially dark green leafy vegetables and berries) have a lower incidence of macular degeneration.
Macula Complete 180 gels | BioSyntrx
This item is not available for shipment to Canada.
Serving Size: 6 capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
- Vitamin A(as retinyl palmitate) 2500 IU
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 1215 IU
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid and ascorbyl palmitate) 500 mg
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 600 IU
- Vitamin E (as D-tocopheryl succinate and mixed tocopherols oil) 300 IU
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 25 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 10 mg
- Niacin (Vitamin B3 from niacinamide) 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 60 mg
- Folic acid 800 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 1 mg
- Biotin 200 mcg
- Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5 from calcium pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as calcium citrate and calcium malate) 200 mg
- Iodine (as potassium iodide) 100 mcg
- Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 200 mg
- Zinc (as zinc monomethionine) 40 mg
- Selenium (a selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Copper (as copper sebacate) 2 mg
- Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate) 6 mg
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) (GTF) 150 mcg
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum aspartate) 150 mcg
- Bioflavonoid complex 510 mg
- (as hesperidin complex, quercetin and rutin concentrate)
- Taurine 500 mg
- Betaine HCl 200 mg
- N-acetyl-cysteine 200 mg
- Acetyl-l-carnitine 200 mg
- Lipoic acid 150 mg
- Digestive enzyme blend 100 mg
- Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) extract (leaf) 40 mg
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) extract (fruit) 25% anthocyanidins 30 mg
- Grape (Vitus vinifera) extract (seed) 95% proanthocyanidins 50 mg
- L-Carnosine 20 mg
- CoEnzyme Q-10 20 mg
- Choline (choline bitartrate) 10 mg
- Lutein (FloraGLO) 12 mg
- Zeaxanthin 4 mg
- Boron (boron amino acid chelate) 2 mg
- Lycopene 1 mg
- Astaxanthans 500 mcg
- Vanadium (vanadyl sulfate) 300 mcg
Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose.
Take six capsules per day. Take three capsules with each morning and evening meal.
Keep container tightly closed in a cool, dry and dark place.
Keep out of reach of children.
Macula Complete is a potent full-spectrum, full-body nutritional formula designed with additional active ingredients to support vision function and the health of the macula.
Potent Full-Spectrum Multiple support for a Healthy Macula and Body.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice