Iron Plus 60 vcaps
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
IronPlus 60 capsules | Karuna Health
Anemia is a deficiency of oxygen-carrying capacity of blood, typically caused by lack of iron and/or certain vitamins. Iron is required for the formation of hemoglobin, and folic acid and B12 support normal blood cell maturation in the bone marrow. Vitamin C and betaine HCl enhance iron absorption, and vitamin A facilitates mobilization of iron from storage sites. Copper is essential to normal transport of iron through the circulatory system. Manganese is included to offset reduced manganese absorption during iron therapy. Only Iron Plus provides supplemental iron in a patient-friendly form, along with all the essential supportive nutrients.
- Iron deficiency anemia is the most common specific nutritional problem in the world, affecting many menstruating women (JAMA 1997; 277:973-6).
- Reduced tissue iron can influence not only red blood cell formation, but immune defenses (Blood 1986; 68:803-9) and even brain function (Lancet 1996;348:992-96).
- Glycine-based iron supplements are better tolerated and more effective than ferrous sulfate (Nutrition 2001; 17:381-4; J Appl Nutr 1994;46:2-11).
- Anemias can result from inadequate intake or absorption of either dietary folate or vitamin B12 (Annu Rev Nutr 1999;19:357-377; Am Fam Physician 1999;59:1598-604).
- Vitamin A performs several important roles in iron utilization and blood cell development (Eur J Clin Nutr 2002;56:271-81).
- Vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron from non-heme sources (Ann Nutr Metab1990;34:32-6).
- Copper deficiency can lead to anemias that are easily mistaken for iron-deficiency anemia, (Am J Clin Pathol 1992;97:665-8) and copper absorption may be reduced with high iron intakes (J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1986;5:768-73).
- High iron intake can reduce manganese levels in the body (Am J Clin Nutr1992;55:747-752
IronPlus 60 capsules | Karuna Health
Iron Glycinate plus enhancing co-factors...
Serving Size 1 capsule
Servings per container 60
Amount per serving
Vitamin A 1000 IU (palmitate)
Vitamin C 100 mg (ascorbic acid)
Folic Acid 800 mcg
B12 100 mcg (cyanocobalamin)
Iron 29 mg (glycinate)
Copper (glycinate) 500 mcg
Manganese (amino acid chelate) 1 mg
Betaine HCl 100 mg
Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor immediately.
Suggested use for adults: This product should be taken only as directed by your health care practitioner.
This product contains no yeast, wheat, soy, corn, milk, salt, sugar, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring.
This product is intended for professional use and is manufactured under strict quality control to ensure the optimum in purity, potency and reliability.
Keep in a cool, dry place tightly capped.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice