- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Duozyme | Karuna
is a broad-spectrum digestive support which participates in both the gastric and intestinal phases of digestion.
- Proper digestion requires both a gastric phase supplying hydrochloric acid and pepsin, and an alkaline duodenal phase supplying protease, amylase, and lipase enzymes. DuoZyme provides all of these factors in a single, convenient, high potency capsule delivery system. DuoZyme utilizes the technologically superior enzyme-release system which was favorably evaluated by Dr. David Graham in An Enteric-Coated Pancreatic Enzyme Preparation That Works (Dig Dis Sci 1979;24:906-9).
- DuoZyme contains the acidulants betaine HCl and glutamic HCl, which help acidify gastric contents, creating a favorable environment for the proteolytic action of pepsin.
- Pancreatin and ox bile extract, contained in pH-sensitive microspheres, supplement the natural secretions of the pancreas and liver, and promote the intestinal phase of digestion.
- pH-sensitive microspheres typically provide a more effective means for delivering intact enzymes to the small intestine to reduce malabsorption of macronutrients (Dig Dis Sci 1979; 24:906-9).
Duozyme | Karuna
Two capsules provide:
- Betaine/Glutamic HCl 600 mg
- Papain 100 mg
- Pepsin (1:15,000*) 40 mg (*equal in activity to 100 mg of 1:3,000 strength pepsin)
- Duodenal Phase:
- Pancreatin (6x conc.)** 300 mg (**from freeze-dried porcine source)
- Ox Bile Extract 120 mg
Providing at least the following:
- Protease 45,000 USP Units
- Amylase 45,000 USP Units
- Lipase 7,500 USP Units
Suggested use for adults:
Two or more capsules, taken with meals, or as directed
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice