Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis | Genova Diagnostics
This test evaluates digestion and absorption, bacterial balance and metabolism, yeast and immune status for patients with irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, malabsorption, and other GI-related problems. Additionally, Genova offers a parasitology component with the CDSA test that evaluates for parasites using microscopic examination and EIA testing
Think of your body as a finely tuned engine, and food is its fuel. If you aren't completely digesting foods and absorbing nutrients, you're not adequately fueling your body. The lack of adequate fuel–or the inability to use it properly–can lead to a variety of health problems.
Poor digestion or imbalances in your intestinal flora can result in many illnesses, from annoying gastrointestinal complaints such as chronic constipation and abdominal pain to more serious illnesses which may appear to be unrelated to digestion, such as asthma or migraines.
Your clinician knows the importance of evaluating your gastrointestinal health. One important tool to aid in this diagnosis is the Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis.
The CDSA is a group of 25 tests performed on a stool sample, revealing valuable information about your gastrointestinal health.
The CDSA evaluates:
- Digestion of food molecules and absorption of nutrients.
- The presence of hidden yeast or bacterial infections.
- Intestinal flora balance.
- Intestinal immune function.
- Dietary fiber intake.
The CDSA is comprised of the following clinically useful panels:
• Digestion Markers: An indirect evaluation of digestive function, providing insight into adequate digestive enzyme production and maldigestion. Markers include Chymotrypsin, Putrefactive Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFAs), Meat Fibers and Vegetable Fibers.
• Absorption Markers: Elevated levels of the listed fatty acids may indicate maldigestion, malabsorption, altered transit time, and small bowel bacterial overgrowth. Markers include Long Chain Fatty Acids, Phospholipids, Cholesterol, Triglycerides and Total Fecal Fat.
• Metabolic Markers: These markers identify imbalances that are associated with increased toxic burden, small bowel bacterial overgrowth or severe inflammation. Abnormal levels are associated primarily with intestinal conditions, including potential risk for colorectal cancer. Markers include Beneficial SCFAs, n-Butyrate, Beta-Glucuronidase†, pH, Fecal Lactoferrin, Macroscopic exam, and Occult blood.
• Microbiology Markers: Provides quantitative measures of the beneficial flora Lactobacillis and bifidobacterium as well as additional aerobic flora as they present in culture. These include strict pathogenic bacteria and potentially pathogenic bacteria and yeast.
• Optional Parasitology: (EIA and microscopic evaluation) This evaluation demonstrates the highest documented recovery rates available (22% positivity rate). It quantifies all ova and parasites identified. Microscopic evaluation for yeast and blood cells is included.
Optional Ova and Parasite Test
Test fees include testk kit, mailer, test instructions, processing, handling, shipping, test results and review.*
In-office consultations with Dr. Forrest are available by appointment: Consultation information
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The ordering of tests from this site does not imply a doctor patient relationship. They are informational only. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that allow the body to rebuild and heal itself.*
The products and information mentioned on our website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Dr. Forrest is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of California since 1987. He is not a medical doctor and as such cannot comment on your use of prescription medicines or other controlled substances.*
For your health and safety please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for real medical advice. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. It is generally recommended that you do not self diagnose and treat. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.*
Forrest Health, Inc. does not provide insurance billing for anything purchased through this site. We do not provide diagnosis or insurance billing codes. If this is important to you we recommend working with your local physician who can provide such services.*
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice