- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
BMR Complex 180 caps | Integrative Therapeutics
thyroid supporting nutrients
Glandular extract with essential nutrients and naturally occurring iodine derived from kelp to support healthy thyroid function.
Why support a healthy thyroid with iodine and other ingredients?
Because some people lack iodine and tyrosine in their diets.
Naturally-occurring iodine from kelp, the amino acid L-tyrosine, and high-quality glandular extracts can help support the thyroid's ability to keep our immune and metabolic systems running smoothly.
Why use BMR Complex?
Because thyroid health equals a healthy weight.
The thyroid doesn't just support immune health, it influences metabolism, as well.
Because healthy thyroid keeps you feeling energized.
BMR Complex contains L-tyrosine, glandular extracts, iodine, and other important ingredients that fuel the thyroid to maintain energy levels.
BMR Complex provides nutritional support of healthy thyroid function.† Containing high quality glandular extract with essential nutrients and naturally-occurring iodine derived from kelp, BMR Complex supports healthy endocrine system processes, including:
- Healthy basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- Healthy weight management, when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise program†
- Skin integrity and hair health†
- Cognitive and memory function†
- Heart rate and cholesterol formation†
- Energy and reproductive health†
Located in the middle of the neck, the thyroid is an endocrine gland and functions under the direction of the pituitary, the master gland of the endocrine system.1 When thyroid hormones are needed, the pituitary releases thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), signaling the thyroid to absorb iodine and combine it with the amino acid L-tyrosine.2 This results in the creation of thyroid hormones - thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). Once released into the blood stream, T3 and T4 are transported throughout the body to regulate numerous physiologic functions, including metabolism.
From the Greek root words “meta” (changed in form, altered) and “bolo” (send), metabolism is the sum of all chemical reactions that take place in a cell. Metabolism was first studied by the Italian scientist Sanctorius of Padua. In 1614, Santori published De Statica Medicina, a systematic study of basal metabolism.3
Metabolism both builds up bodily tissues via anabolism (an energy consuming process) and breaks down with catabolism (an energy giving process). The concept of basal metabolic rate (energy used at rest) was initially developed to help determine the status of thyroid function in humans.4 The BMR is influenced by many factors such as age, gender, body height and weight, medications, activity level, muscle v fat ratio, size, genetic disposition, and overall health. Research has shown that healthy BMR is needed for weight management and depends on the availability of specific nutrients that support healthy thyroid function.5
How Does It Work?
- Iodine from Kelp Source Humans do not conserve iodine as they do iron and other minerals. They must obtain iodine regularly from the diet.6 By combining L-tyrosine with iodine ,the thyroid makes the thyroid hormones - thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) to meet the demands of metabolism.
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) Copper (as Copper Chelate) Adequate levels of these essential micronutrients are required for many endocrinological processes, including support of thyroid function and thyroid hormone metabolism.† Both zinc and copper are antioxidants and prevent free radical damage in the thyroid gland and target tissues.
- L-Tyrosine (USP) This important amino acid is combined with iodine for the production of thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), thyroid hormones that play a role in almost every process in the human body.
- Thyroid (Freeze Dried, Bovine) Thyroxine-free thyroid provides nutritional support of healthy thyroid function.†16,17 Freeze drying is a gentle process and ideal for thyroid glandulars as it allows all vitamins, co-factors, and enzymes to remain intact until extraction.
- Blue Flag Root (Iris versicolor)Blue flag is a wetlands perennial plant native to eastern North America and exported from here to Europe. It supports healthy digestion.
BMR Complex combines high quality glandular extract with essential nutrients and synergists for support of healthy thyroid function and basal metabolic rate.† Research has demonstrated that a healthy BMR is associated with weight management, in combination with diet and exercise, and optimal thyroid function.
BMR Complex 180 caps | Integrative Therapeutics
Serving Size: 2 Capsules Amount/Serving
Iodine [from Kelp Source (Laminaria digitata)] 300 mcg
Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 15 mg
Copper (as Copper Chelate) 1 mg
Thyroid (Freeze Dried, Bovine) 300 mg
L-Tyrosine USP 300 mg
Blue Flag Root (Iris versicolor) 65 mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose and gelatin capsule (gelatin and water).
Contains No: milk, yeast, gluten, corn or soy.
Notes: Well-tolerated by most highly sensitive individuals.
If pregnant or nursing, consult with your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Keep this product out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Tamper-evident packaging for your protection.
As with any product, discontinue use if adverse effects occur.
Recommendations: Take 1 to 2 capsules 3 times daily between meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice