Bach Flower Essence Remedies
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Bach Flower Essences
Each of the 38 remedies discovered by Dr Bach is directed at a particular characteristic or emotional state. The remedies work on a emotional level. To select the remedies you need you only need to think about the sort of person you are and the way you are feeling. Then you take the remedies you need.*
Each remedy is associated with a basic human emotion. Mimulus, for example, is the remedy for when we are anxious or afraid about something specific. Taking the remedy helps us overcome our fear and face it with courage*
You can select up to six or seven different remedies in this way. Don't worry if you make a wrong selection, because if a remedy is not needed it won't do anything - it certainly won't make things worse.*
Experience has shown, however, that too many remedies taken at one time tends to lessen the effect. This means that there is no point mixing all 38 to zap everything at once!*
If you find you have more than seven or eight remedies in your mix, you are probably including some that are not needed. Leave out any that relate to feelings that are in the past, and any that aren't really needed because another remedy is more accurate*
Here is a list of the 38 remedies and their indications.*
- Agrimony - mental torture behind a cheerful face*
- Aspen - fear of unknown things*
- Beech - intolerance*
- Centaury - the inability to say 'no'*
- Cerato - lack of trust in one's own decisions*
- Cherry Plum - fear of the mind giving way*
- Chestnut Bud - failure to learn from mistakes*
- Chicory - selfish, possessive love*
- Clematis - dreaming of the future without working in the present*
- Crab Apple - the cleansing remedy, also for self-hatred*
- Elm - overwhelmed by responsibility*
- Gentian - discouragement after a setback*
- Gorse - hopelessness and despair*
- Heather - self-centredness and self-concern*
- Holly - hatred, envy and jealousy*
- Honeysuckle - living in the past*
- Hornbeam - procrastination, tiredness at the thought of doing something*
- Impatiens - impatience*
- Larch - lack of confidence*
- Mimulus - fear of known things*
- Mustard - deep gloom for no reason*
- Oak - the plodder who keeps going past the point of exhaustion*
- Olive - exhaustion following mental or physical effort*
- Pine - guilt*
- Red Chestnut - over-concern for the welfare of loved ones*
- Rock Rose - terror and fright*
- Rock Water - self-denial, rigidity and self-repression*
- Scleranthus - inability to choose between alternatives*
- Star of Bethlehem - shock*
- Sweet Chestnut - Extreme mental anguish, when everything has been tried and there is no light left*
- Vervain - over-enthusiasm*
- Vine - dominance and inflexibility*
- Walnut - protection from change and unwanted influences*
- Water Violet - pride and aloofness*
- White Chestnut - unwanted thoughts and mental arguments*
- Wild Oat - uncertainty over one's direction in life*
- Wild Rose - drifting, resignation, apathy*
- Willow - self-pity and resentment*
Bach Flower Essence
1 Bottle 20 ml
How to take the remedies
You can take the remedies in several ways, and the instructions here are designed to be easy to remember. Taking larger doses at one time doesn't have a stronger effect; but if you are going through a crisis you can take more frequent doses to get you through it.
The 'glass of water' method
For short-term moods and problems put two drops of each selected remedy in a glass of water. Sip as often as required until relief is obtained. If using the pre-mixedemergency formula, add four drops to the glass instead of two.
You can use this method for longer-term problems as well. Just sip from the glass throughout the day, at least four times a day - and keep the glass in the 'fridge or make up a fresh glass each day.
For more chronic problems we recommend making up a treatment bottle, as it is cheaper and will make your precious stock remedies go further. Simply:
Get an empty 30ml bottle with a dropper in the lid (try the local pharmacy)
Add to the bottle two drops of each selected remedy (and/or four drops of the pre-mixed emergency formula)
Top the bottle up with still (i.e. not fizzy) mineral water
From this bottle take four drops, at least four times a day
Treatment bottles will last two or three weeks if you keep them cool - in the fridge, for example. If that isn't possible - maybe you live somewhere warm or will be carrying the bottle around in your pocket - add a teaspoon of brandy to the treatment bottle before topping up with water. This will help keep the water from going off. If you don't want to use brandy, use cider vinegar or glycerine instead.
Direct on the tongue
You can also take remedies 'neat', without diluting them. This is the most expensive way to take remedies and tastes strongly of brandy (unless you are using a stock remedy bottled in glycerine etc.), so is not recommended - but it is just as effective.
To make it easy to remember, you take the same number of drops when taking a neat stock remedy as you do when you are mixing remedies in a treatment bottle or glass of water: two drops, direct on the tongue.
If you are taking the the pre-mixed emergency formula the dosage is four drops, again direct on the tongue.
In either case, repeat as necessary - for long-term treatments, at least four times a day.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice