Amino Acids Are the Building Blocks of LifeBesides building cells and repairing tissue, they form antibodies to combat invading bacteria and viruses; they are part of the enzyme and hormonal system; they build nucleoproteins (RNA & DNA); they carry oxygen throughout the body and participate in muscle activity.
When protein is broken down by digestion the result is 22 known amino acids. Eight are essential (cannot be manufactured by the body); the rest are non-essential (can be manufactured by the body with proper nutrition).
Essential Amino Acids
There are eight essential amino acids: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine.
Our bodies need twenty different amino acids, but we are able to make the other twelve kinds from these eight, which we must get from food. Corn is rich in methionine, so vegetarians often combine corn and beans to get a balanced protein.
We offer the highest quality pharmaceutical-grade amino acids and amino acid formulas from professional companies. We also offer custom blended amino acid supplements.
What We Recommend
- If you already know what dietary supplements you need, then you can simply order it on our site.
- If you are uncertain as to what you may need, then do the Amino Acid Test.
- If you are looking for a broad-spectrum amino blend, then you should select All-Basic Powder or BAM caps.
If you’re still not sure as to which products or programs to use, which tests to take, or if you would like additional information about our nutritional supplements:
- Contact us with a brief question.
- Arrange a phone consultation with Dr. Forrest.
Call (408) 354-4262