- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Alli-Cinn 60 caps | Pharmax
This is a combination of freeze-dried concentrates of whole garlic with cinnamon bark oil.
The medicinal properties of fresh garlic have been known for centuries. The problem that has arisen in presenting garlic as a supplement is the inherent instability of the initial active substance, allicin, which is created when a clove of garlic is crushed.
Allicin is not found, as such, within the garlic clove. Instead, when the clove is crushed, allicin is formed instantaneously from the interaction of an enzyme called alliinase on a precursor of allicin called alliin.
By selecting the highest quality garlic cloves, rich in alliin and alliinase, and then gently freeze-drying them, a concentrated powder is produced which only releases the prime active allicin component when ingested and rehydrated, i.e. all of the allicin is released within the gastro-intestinal tract.
Allicin has the broadest spectrum of activity of all the plant antimicrobial substances tested, with dramatic inhibitory effects over a vast range of microorganisms, not only against many bacteria (including E. coli, Salmonella and Staphylococcus aureus) but also many yeasts, fungi, protozoa and even viruses. Perhaps the most important discovery, however, was that allicin has virtually no effect on the beneficial lactic flora of the gastrointestinal (G.I.) and genitourinary (G.U.) tracts.
Cinnamaldehydes are the major components of cinnamon bark oil. These compounds are very potent against gram-negative bacteria like E. coli, and gram-positive bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus (including MRSA) and are also strongly active against yeasts and fungi.
In fact, cinnamaldehydes have the greatest antibacterial and antifungal activity of all of the common volatile oils. Cinnamaldehyde is included in Pharmax's Alli-Cinn at a concentration below the levels at which lactic acid bacteria are affected.
- The combination of freeze dried concentrates of garlic and cinnamon bark oil give a very potent antimicrobial product
- High levels of allicin are spontaneously released from the garlic concentrate directly into the gut when the capsule is ingested and the concentrate rehydrated
- The pre-emulsified, freeze-dried cinnamaldehyde powder concentrate is very gut active
- The combination gives a remarkable broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity against a range of problematic bacteria, fungi (including Candida albicans), viruses and protozoa
- No effect on the beneficial lactic acid flora of the G.I. and G.U. tracts
- Designed to be used freely in probiotic therapy alongside Pharmax’s HLC range of probiotics as Alli-Cinn has minimal effects on the probiotic bacteria used in the HLC range
- Recommended for use in cases of G.I. tract dysbiosis
- When eaten, garlic has been shown to reduce platelet aggregation and is beneficial for the circulation
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Alli-Cinn 60 caps | Pharmax
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 60
Amount per serving:
- Freeze dried garlic concentrate 500mg
- (Allium sativum) clove
- Freeze dried cinnamon bark oil concentrate 200mg
- (Cinnamomum cassia) providing 40mg cinnamaldehydes
Cellulose, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate.
One capsule taken twice daily with meals or as professionally directed.
Keep out of reach of children.
None known if recommended intake is followed.
20,000ppm (10mg) cysteine sulfoxides, including allicin which, when ingested releases 9,000ppm (4.5mg) antimicrobial activity as total thiosulfonates, including allicin.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice