ThinkWell 60 vcaps
- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
ThinkWell 60 vcapsps | Savesta Ayurvedic Herbs
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY BRAIN FUNCTION*
- WITH PHOPHATIDYLSERINE (PS) & VINPOCETINE
The Science of ThinkWell
Found throughout India in wet areas, Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) is a succulent ground creeper with white to violet or pale blue flowers. In Ayurevda, Bacopa is traditionally used to enhance memory. Studies have shown that oral administration of Bacopa to normal rats significantly improves memory and learning ability1 and inhibits free radical damage to brain cells in vitro.2 Increased memory and learning ability was found from active constituents of Bacopa known as bacosides.3
Gotu KolaGotu Kola (Centella asiatica) is an edible creeper with light violet flowers. Like Bacopa, Gotu kola is is found in moist tropical areas throughout India and is traditionally used in Ayurveda to enhance memory.7 Got kola has also been used promote mental calm and relaxation during meditation.8 Studies show that orally administered to normal rats, Gotu kola significantly increases memory,9,10learning ability, antioxidant activity in the brain9 and resistance to psychological and physical stress.11,12 In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, healthy men and women given a single oral dose of Gotu kola extract showed a significantly reduced response to acute stress.8
A natural derivative of soy lecithin, phosphatidylserine (fos-fa-tidle-serine) or PS significantly enhanced the cognitive abilities of rats when fed to them daily.13 A randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that for healthy men and women taking PS (400 mg/day) with meals, the level of psychological stress in response to emotional and mental stressors significantly decreased. As a further benefit, their levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, were significantly dampened in response to the stressors.14
The source of vinpoectine (vin-po-se-teen) is an alkaloid in the leaves of lesser periwinkle (Vinca minor). In healthy adults, an oral dose of Vinpocetine improved the flow of their red blood cells.15 In vitro, Vinpocetine acts as an antioxidant that scavenges oxygen free radicals.16,17Tests using isolated brain cells have shown that Vinpocetine protects against the damaging effects of free radicals17-19 and low oxygen levels.20,21 Taken orally by healthy adults, Vinpocetine enters the brain after only 10 minutes.22 However, for greatest bioavailability, Vinpocetine is best taken 1 hour after a meal.23
1 capsule, 3 times per day (after meals) or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Caution: Not to be taken by individuals taking prescription drugs without the advice of a physician. Not to be combined with anticoagulant medications (e.g., high-dose aspirin). Not for use during pregnancy. If you are nursing or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
Care for the EnvironmentAs a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment. We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice.
Savesta ThinkWell feature:
- Vegan capsules and tablets, no animal derived ingredients
- Organic cotton stuffing and easily recyclable #2 HDPE plastic bottles, and are BPA free
- Plant extracts made with pure water and alcohol, no toxic solvents
- We feature sustainably wild-crafted herbs grown without chemical pesticides or fertilizers
- No GMO ingredients
- Non-irradiated herbs
- Wheat and gluten free
Click here to read the actual references below and search for more detailed information on the herbs in ThinkWell. The PubMed database is operated by the National Library of Medicine and is an excellent resource for researching scientific literature on herbs.
1. Singh HK, Dhawan BN. J Ethnopharmacol. 1982;5:205-14.
2. Russo A, et al. Life Sci. 2003;73:1517-26.
3. Singh HK, et al. Phytother Res. 1988;2:70-75.
4. Singh HK, Dhawan BN. Indian J Pharmacol. 1997;29:S359-65.
5. Roodenrys S, et al. Neuropsychopharmacol. 2002;27:279-81.
6. Stough C, et al. Psychopharmacol. 2001;156:481-4.
7. Kirtikar KR, et al. Indian Medicinal Plants. Vol. 2. 2nd ed. Dehra Dun, India: Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh; 1993:1193-5.
8. Bradwejn J, et al. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2000;20:680-4.
9. Rao MKG, et al. Indian J Pharmacol. 2000;32:149 (abstr).
10. Veerendra Kumar MH, Gupta YK. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002;79:253-60.
11. Sarma DNK, et al. Phytother Res. 1996;10:181-3.
12. Sakina MR, Dandiya PC. Fitoterapia. 1990;61:291-6.
13. Blokland A, et al. Nutrition. 1999;15:778-83.
14. Hellhammer J, et al. Stress. 2004;7:119-26.
15. Hayakawa M. Arzneim-Forsch. 1992;42:281-3.
16. Olah VA, et al. Acta Paediatr Hung. 1990;30:309-16.
17. Santos MS, et al. Free Radic Res. 2000;32:57-66.
18. Horvath B, et al. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2002;25:37-42.
19. Pereira CA, et al. Acta Med Port. 2003;16:401-6.
20. DeNoble VJ, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1986;24:1123-8.
21. Gabryel B, et al. Neurotoxicology. 2002;23:19-31.
22. Gulyas B, et al. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2002;29:1031-8.
23. Lohmann A, et al. Arzneim-Forsch. 1992;42:914-7
ThinkWell 60 vcaps | Savesta Ayurvedic Herbs
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Soy Phospholipid Complex 120mg
20%phosphatidylserine (PS) 24mg
whole herb extract 100mg
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
whole herb extract 70mg
Other Ingredients: vegetarian capsules, silicon dioxide
Caution: Not to be combined with anticoagulant medications such as high-dose aspirin. Not for use during pregnancy. If you are nursing or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health care practitioner before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intendedto diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice