SAMe 90 capsules
- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
SAMe 90 capsules | Designs For Health
SAMe is a naturally occurring metabolite found in the human body as well as in plant and animal foods. SAMe is naturally synthesized in humans from the amino acid methionine in the presence of the cofactors B12 and folate. SAMe is the most active of all methyl donors and has been compared to ATP in its importance for the body.
SAMe is involved in the synthesis of:
- The hormone melatonin
- Polyamines, which control cellular growth
It is also the source of methyl groups inside the nucleus for DNA methylation which controls gene expression and masking of genetic damage.
Over a decade of rigorous clinical studies in Europe and elsewhere have established SAM-e (S-adenosyl-L-methionine, an essential methylation and transulfuration cofactor) as a useful tool for supporting normal mood regulation, and joint and liver health.
SAM-e increases cell membrane fluidity, up-regulates neurotransmitter receptor number, and enhances neurotransmitter receptor affinity. SAM-e supports healthy joints both by increasing the number of articular chondrocytes, and by stimulating the synthesis of protective sulfated proteoglycans therein.
SAM-e also protects synovial cells against pro-inflammatory prostanoids, and blocks enzymes that degrade cartilage. SAM-e is a precursor of the critical antioxidant glutathione, a key molecule in the detoxification process in the liver.
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAM-e) supports normal liver function by acting as a methyl donor, and by promoting the regeneration of sulfur-containing amino acids and glutathione which protect against oxidative stress and toxic substances (Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1993 Feb;7(1):21-8).
- SAM-e promotes the health of joints by stimulating the synthesis of proteoglycans in articular chondrocytes; SAM-e acts with minimal or no side effects on the gastrointestinal tract and other organs (Am J Med 1987 Nov 20;83(5A):60-5).
- SAM-e is a major source of methyl groups in the brain, and promotes normal brain function in subjects with mood irregularities (Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 1994;154:7-14).
- SAM-e Plus tablets are enterically coated, which is essential since oral SAM-e is largely demethylated in the stomach, thereby losing much of its unique character.
- SAM-e Plus includes additional nutrient factors essential for normal methylation functions (Proc Nutr Soc 1999;58:441-8, Am J Clin Nutr 1995;61:659S-665S).
SAMe 90 capsules | Designs for Health
SAMe 90 caps
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day, preferably on an empty stomach, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving Size 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B-6 5mg
Folate (Quatrefolic®) 100mcg
(as [6s]-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate, glucosamine salt)
Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50mcg
(as S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine Disulfate P-Toluensulfate)
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, calcium chloride anhydrous, calcium oxide.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice