SAMe 30 capsules
- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
SAMe 30 capsules | Designs For Health
a naturally occurring substance found in the human body. SAMe is successfully used in treating depression. 200 or 400 mg.
Over a decade of clinical studies in Europe and elsewhere have shown SAM-e (S-adenosyl-L-methionine, an essential methylation and transulfuration cofactor) as a useful tool for supporting normal mood regulation, and joint and liver health.
SAM-e increases cell membrane fluidity, up-regulates neurotransmitter receptor number, and enhances neurotransmitter receptor affinity. SAM-e supports healthy joints both by increasing the number of articular chondrocytes, and by stimulating the synthesis of protective sulfated proteoglycans therein.
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAM-e) supports normal liver function by acting as a methyl donor, and by promoting the regeneration of sulfur-containing amino acids and glutathione which protect against oxidative stress and toxic substances (Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1993 Feb;7(1):21-8).
- SAM-e promotes the health of joints by stimulating the synthesis of proteoglycans in articular chondrocytes; SAM-e acts with minimal or no side effects on the gastrointestinal tract and other organs (Am J Med 1987 Nov 20;83(5A):60-5).
- SAM-e is a major source of methyl groups in the brain, and promotes normal brain function in subjects with mood irregularities (Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 1994;154:7-14).
- SAM-e Plus tablets are enterically coated, which is essential since oral SAM-e is largely demethylated in the stomach, thereby losing much of its unique character.
- SAM-e Plus includes additional nutrient factors essential for normal methylation functions (Proc Nutr Soc 1999;58:441-8, Am J Clin Nutr 1995;61:659S-665S).
SAMe 30 capsules | Designs for Health
Each tablet contains:
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL) 2 mg
- Folic Acid 200 mcg
- Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg
- S-Adenosyl L-Methionine (as Disulfate Monotosylate) 200 mg or 400 mg
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, methacrylic acid co-polymer, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, triethyl citrate, stearic acid, citric acid, ascorbic acid, riboflavin.
As a dietary supplement, take one tablet one to two times daily, preferably on an empty stomach, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Individuals with bipolar (manic) depression should not take SAMe unless under professional medical supervision.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
This product does not contain wheat, soy, corn, yeast, milk, or gluten.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice