- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Postpartum 270 tabs | Health Concerns
Qi and Jing Herbal Supplement
Dysmenorrhea - Cold signs
Postpartum - post childbirth, post-surgery - post childbirth support
Tonic formula - Tonify Qi
Tonic formula - Nourish blood
Menstrual bleeding (excess) - Cold
Fatigue - Post-partum of post-surgery
Menses, Delayed - Deficiency of blood, qi and blood stagnation
Post-Partum fatigue - Qi and blood deficiency
Post-Partum fatigue - Qi, blood, kidney deficiency
Uterine Bleeding - Cold
1. Useful for woman with fatigue and dysmenorrhea as a result of childbirth, surgery, abortions, lifestyle
2. Initiates uterine contraction and clears retained uterine blood following childbirth
3. Dispel retained placenta
4. Stop mild bleeding
5. Reduce pain and abdominal cramping
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Tonify spleen qi
Invigorate blood and dispels stasis
Stop deficiency bleeding
Nourish jing (kidney essence)
This formula was designed by Dr. Jake Fratkin and used successfully in his clinic. It is primarily for postpartum normalization of the uterus, and to replenish Qi and jing lost during labor. Its foundation is Eight Treasures Decoction (Ba Zhen Tang), the classic formula for tonification of Qi and blood. To this has been added astragalus (huang qi) to reinforce the building of Qi and blood, ho-shou-wu to nourish blood, yin, and jing, gelatinum (e jiao) and artemisia (ai ye) to arrest deficiency bleeding, and crataegus (shan zha) to treat abdominal pain. Three herbs, salvia (dan shen), leonurus (yi mu cao), and rubia (qian cao gen) are used synergistically to invigorate blood, dispel stasis and expel the placenta. They also act to contract the uterus and return it to normal size.
1. Postpartum is safe to take while nursing
2. Postpartum can be used as a general formula when woman have a combination of Qi and Blood deficiency and Blood stasis
3. Postpartum fatigue is a common presentation after childbirth. For many women, it may be the underlying cause of Qi and Blood deficiency that lasts throughout the rest of their life
4. In China, postpartum formulas are routinely given for four to six weeks following childbirth. In cases of hard or prolonged labor, the formula may be necessary for eight to twelve weeks
5. May be used following abortion, or abdominal surgery
6. In cases of severe bleeding due to retention of the placenta or uterine rupture, medical intervention may be necessary. This formula can aggravate bleeding due to rupture and should not be used.
• In cases of severe deficiency heat producing night sweats, burning in soles and palms, use
Nine Flavor Tea to nourish yin and dispel deficiency heat
• In cases of difficult or long labor, combine with a kidney tonic such as Astra Essence, or Qi
tonic such as Astra 8 to help tonify the mother after birth of the baby
• For deficiency bleeding combine Postpartum with Longevitabs (2 of each formula QID)
• For profuse uterine bleeding get a gynecological workup
Postpartum 270 tabs | Health Concerns
Ingredients: Ginseng (Ren Shen), Astragalus (Huang Qi), Rehmannia (Shu Di Huang), Salvia (Dan Shen), Poria (Fu Ling), Leonurus (Yi Mu Cao), Tang-kuei (Dang Gui), White Peony (Bai Shao), Ho-shou-wu (Ho Shou Wu), Ligusticum (Chuan Xiong), Gelatinum (E Jiao), Crataegus (Shan Zha), Rubia (Qian Cao Gen), Citrus (Chen Pi), Artemesia (Ai Ye), Licorice (Gan Cao), Atractylodes (Bai Zhu)
1. Heavy bleeding
2. Deficiency heat syndrome, with night sweating, hot soles and palms
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice