PhytoCardio Plus 120 caps
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
PhytoCardio Plus 120 caps | Karuna
ty lipoproteins (LDL) and serum triglycerides when combined with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. This unique formula utilizes both plant sterols and omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil, two natural heart-healthy ingredients that work in combination with diet to help improve cardiovascular health. Phytosterols are clinically safe and well-tolerated when consumed at recommended amounts that help support heart health. The FDA has permitted the use of a specified health claim for the use of phytosterols in helping to reduce the risk of heart disease. The FDA states, “Foods and supplements containing at least 400mg per serving of plant sterols, consumed twice a day with meals for a total intake of at least 800mg, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.”*
- Although plant sterols (phytosterols) and cholesterol have similar chemical structures, they differ markedly in their synthesis, intestinal absorption, and metabolic fate. Phytosterols inhibit intestinal cholesterol absorption, thereby lowering plasma and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels. (Mayo Clinic Proc. 78:965-78 2003).*
- In a review of 16 published human studies using phytosterols to reduce plasma cholesterol levels in 590 subjects, phytosterol therapy was accompanied by an average 10% reduction in total cholesterol and a corres-ponding 13% reduction in LDL cholesterol. (Am.J.Medicine;1999107(6):588-94.Review).*
- Non-esterfied phytosterols may be more effective at helping to support heart health. Non-esterified dietary phytosterols compete with dietary cholesterol for micellarization, as well as the absorption of biliary cholesterol. (Nutr. Res. 2006;26:579–584).*
- The competition of phytosterols with cholesterol micellarization occurs with free sterols only and require phytosterol esters to first be hydrolyzed in the gut before they are able to help reduce the solubility of cholesterol. (J Lipid Res. 1987; 28:1144–1155).*
- Clinical studies combining phytosterols with diets rich in fish oil or high-oleic sunflower oil significantly lowered LDL cholesterol; however, only the fish oil and phytosterol combination lowered both serum triglycerides and LDL cholesterol. (Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2008 Dec; 10(6):467-72).*
- Current research has demonstrated that the consumption of a combination of low-dose Omega-3 and plant sterols can effectively reduce both LDL-cholesterol and triglyceride levels in individuals. (J.Nutr.2014; 144(10):1564-70)*
PhytoCardio Plus 120 caps | Karuna
Suggested use for adults: Two capsules twice daily with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving size: 2 capsules
Servings per container: 60
Amount per serving:
Plant Sterols 70% (contains a min. of 400 mg of sterols derived from vegetable oil) 576 mg
Omega-3 EPA/DHA 30% (Fish Oil) 400 mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, tricalcium phosphate, rice flour, silicon dioxide, vegetable stearate.
This product contains no yeast, wheat, corn, milk, sugar, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring. Contains soy and fish ingredients.
This product is intended for professional use and is manufactured under strict quality control to ensure the optimum in purity, potency and reliability.
Keep in a cool, dry place tightly capped
*Your results may vary from those listed above.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.