Quicksilver Mercury Tri-Test
- Send to friend
- Related Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Mercury Tri-Test | Quicksilver
Clinical Description: The Quicksilver Mercury Tri-Test is the only clinical test that utilizes mercury speciation analysis, a patented advanced technology that separates methyl mercury (MeHg) from inorganic mercury (HgII) and measures each directly. Quicksilver Scientific’s instruments are sensitive enough to measure ambient mercury levels in the body WITHOUT THE NEED FOR CHALLENGE TESTING. This technique provides unprecedented information for the healthcare practitioner, allowing them to assess the patient’s exposure sources, body burden and ability to excrete each form of mercury. This detailed information helps build an informed picture and allows the clinician to plan a rational approach to successful detoxification strategy for the patient.
What about Mercury Challenge Testing?
In the 1990’s, sensitivity of analytical equipment was not advanced enough to measure ambient (steady state) blood mercury levels. Therefore, “challenge” or “provocation” testing, using high doses of strong chelation agents, was developed to “pull” mercury out of organic cellular structure for urinary analysis under the diagnostic premise that it shows the mercury “body burden” of an individual and establishes correlation of long-term mercury burden. While mercury challenge testing was clinically relevant for the time, advances in technology and clinical study have proven challenge testing to be unreliable and even potentially damaging to the patient.
Problems associated with challenge testing include:
- Challenge Test does not differentiate between MeHg and Hgll. Only Total mercury level is represented (HgT).
- Challenge does not reflect the “pool” of mercury premise.
- There is no “non-challenged” reference range to compare the challenge test to; from a regulatory standpoint, there is an obvious potential for over-treatment.
- Lack of standardization of challenge conditions:
- Challenge does not reflect long-term exposure as proven by clinical trial* reference p.120.
- Challenge does not reflect long-term exposure as proven by clinical trial* reference.
- DMPS has a very different strength and specificity than DMSA.
- IV vs. oral administration has vastly different pharmacokinetics.
- Use of adjuncts such as EDTA, glutathione and glycine vastly changes the dynamics of the test and its output.
- Challenge exposes individual to large dose of exogenous substance.
- Challenge may cause redistribution of mercury into organs, including the brain.
- Challenge does not measure ambient mercury burden.
- Challenge does not elucidate elimination abilities of patient.
- Challenge results are skewed in individuals with renal insufficiency (common in Hgll toxicity).
Now available with a Bood Metal Panel
Mercury Tri-Test | Quicksilver
Sample: Urine, Hair and Plasma
Test fees include testk kit, mailer, test instructions, processing, handling, shipping, test results and review.
In-office consultations with Dr. Forrest are available by appointment: Consultation information
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The ordering of tests from this site does not imply a doctor patient relationship. They are informational only. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that allow the body to rebuild and heal itself.
The products and information mentioned on our website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Dr. Forrest is licensed as a Chiropractor in the state of California since 1987. He is not a medical doctor and as such cannot comment on your use of prescription medicines or other controlled substances.
For your health and safety please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for real medical advice. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. It is generally recommended that you do not self diagnose and treat. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice.
Forrest Health, Inc. does not provide insurance billing for anything purchased through this site. We do not provide diagnosis or insurance billing codes. If this is important to you we recommend working with your local physician who can provide such services.
Disclaimer: The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice