Libido & Sexual Enjoyment
Libido & Sexual Enjoyment
Loss of libido is a common complaint of many especially as we age. Men go through a gradual decrease in their androgenic hormones with age, a process called andropause. While this is normal, it does not mean that it cannot be successfully addressed.
Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency
- Apathy and Depression
- Loss of sexual enjoyment
- Poor memory or concentration
- Weight gain
- Inability to make clear and precise decisions
- Poor recovery from injuries or illness
- Decreased stamina and endurance
We offer a variety of hormone testing using either saliva or blood. The best test is a combo test from ZRT labs,
Natural Products that raise Testosterone and Libido
There are a variety of products that can effect testosterone levels. Some work by raising levels, others work by lowering SHBG leading to more free testosterone. Another option, if all else fails is to take testosterone as a gel or patch. This method, while effective, can cause your body to produce less of its own testosterone and will cause your gonads to shrink. This is considered to be a last resort.
- Tongkat Ali - Pasak Bumi - (Eurycoma Longifolia Jack)
Scientifically shown to raise testosterone levels. In laboratory tests on human testicular tissue, Tongkat Ali extract increased the formation of testosterone fourfold. Even with its other serious medical applications, what excites most people about Tongkat Ali is that the root significantly boosts sex drive and function in both men and women, by building testosterone
- Tribulus terrestris - works by stimulating LH and FSH.
A botanical used to raise testosterone levels. Used as a natural aphodisiac, Tribulus is a traditional use for sexual potency and libido. Traditionally, a tonic is something that produces physical, mental, or emotional vigor. Tribulus has a tonic reputation that has been verified in the lab by increased endurance in rats. In humans, Tribulus has been shown to be a general stimulator, enhancing activity across a wide spectrum. In addition to improving motor activity and muscle tone, it helps restore vigor, vitality, and stamina. It has also been shown to intensify protein synthesis, particularly in the liver, kidney, and heart tissue of animals, while it enhances energy metabolism.
- Maca - works by normalizing hormones.
Maca works primarily through its adaptogenic properties. Stimulation of the hypothalamus (through your pituitary and adrenal glands and your nervous system), induces your body to create a healthy balanced state that promotes optimal health.
- Chrysin. A bioflavonoid called chrysin has shown potential as a natural aromatase inhibitor (Kellis JT Jr et al 1984). Chrysin can be extracted from various plants and is found in high concentrations in honey. Bodybuilders have used it as a testosterone-boosting supplement because, by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, less testosterone is converted into estrogen. Although chrysin is a known inhibitor of aromatase, in one study it did not result in the expected increase in testosterone levels (Gambelunghe C et al 2003). This may be because of poor intestinal absorption of chrysin (Walle UK et al 1999).
- Zinc - can raise testosterone as much as 35%. 30 mg daily.
Zinc is related to testosterone levels. In one animal study, rats subjected to an acute swimming test were either supplemented with zinc or placebo. The study showed that zinc supplementation led to significant increases in testosterone levels and may help in athletic performance (Kaya O et al 2006).
- DHEA - a precursor to testosterone. Raises testosterone levels.
DHEA has been the subject of over 4,000 studies, that have shown that this Adrenal Hormone has life rejuvenating properties for all people above forty years of age
- Pregnenolone - a hormonal precursor to testosterone.
Pregnenolone, another Master Hormone, has shown dramatic memory enhancement properties in recent medical studies. Pregnenolone converts not only into the DHEA branch of hormones, but because the DHEA pathway is already filled, is forced into another hormone pathway that converts to Progesterone and several other needed hormones that DHEA cannot be converted too.
- Carnitine. Carnitine is an amino acid derivative that may be more active than testosterone in aging men who have sexual dysfunction and depression caused by an androgen deficiency (Cavallini G et al 2004). Both testosterone and carnitine improve sexual desire, sexual satisfaction, and nocturnal penile tumescence, but carnitine is more effective than testosterone in improving erectile function, nocturnal penile tumescence, orgasm, and general sexual well-being. Carnitine was better than testosterone at treating depression (Cavallini G et al 2004).
- Muira puama. Muira puama is a South American folk medicine derived from a shrub, Ptychopetalum olacoides, which grows in the Amazon region of Brazil. Also called marapuama and “potency wood,” it is considered an aphrodisiac and an effective treatment of impotence. Because of its purported libido-enhancing properties, muira puama has been the subject of two published clinical studies by Dr Jacques Waynberg, an eminent medical sexologist and author of 10 books on the subject.
Natural Products to Lower Estrogen or DHT Levels
The enzyme aromatase converts testosterone to estradiol thus lowering testosterone levels.
To block this we use aromatase inhibitors. By blocking aromatase the estradiol levels can decline which leads to a decrease in SHBG. The end result is an increase in Free Testosterone.
Our favorite product in this category is DIM Palmetto Prostate Formula.
- DIM - blocks conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
- Chrysin - blocks conversion of testosterone to estrogen
- Saw Palmetto - blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
- Nettles - Nettle root extract has also shown an affinity for SHBG (Hryb DJ et al 1995). SHBG is closely related to levels of free testosterone and estrogen; most of these hormones travel through the bloodstream “bound” to SHBG. Any testosterone that is unbound to SHBG is referred to as free testosterone. Studies have shown that men with BPH have elevated levels of SHBG in their prostate gland (Jiang H et al 2004); thus, any nutrient that reduces SHBG levels may also be able to reduce BPH.
Male Libido StackSKU: FH013$134.30Market price: $158.00 save 15%
Male Libido Stack ULTRASKU: FH020$166.60Market price: $196.00 save 15%
Energetix Male Libido BundleSKU: ENRG001$138.00
Nitric Oxide Enhancement StackSKU: ZPT022$262.90
Nitric Oxide Enhancement Stack ULTRASKU: ZPT023$343.90
Tongkat Ali 1:200 Extract 300 mgSKU: TONG002$79.00Market price: $120.00 save 34%
LJ450 Tongkat Ali 15 capsSKU: HRBP003$39.95Market price: $45.00 save 11%
RevolutionPRO Macalibrium 180 vcapsSKU: NHI001$54.99