- Send to friend
- Customers Also Bought
- Customer feedback
Combination formula for digestive system comfort
Maintaining digestive system comfort is a challenge during pregnancy, while traveling in cars and boats, or after receiving surgical anesthesia or other medical treatments. Ginger root is a pungent and traditionally popular remedy for preventing disturbances of this type and has been the subject of several successful clinical trials as well. Ginger possesses other useful properties related to blocking production of certain prostaglandins and other eicosanoids. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) has long been used during pregnancy for maintaining digestive system comfort.
- Ginger root contains physiologically active compounds, such as the aromatic constituents zingiberene and bisabolene, and the pungent gingerols and shogaols.
- Ginger root is a useful remedy for maintaining gastrointestinal comfort during travel (Acta Otolaryngol 1988; 105:45-9), pregnancy (Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1990;38:19-24), chemotherapy (Dermatol Nurs 1995; 7:242-4), and after surgical anesthesia (Anaesthesia 1995;23:449-52).
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) has effectively helped maintain digestive system comfort during pregnancy (Am J Obstet Gynelol 1995;173:881-4).
- Ginger root also enhances digestion by promoting effective gastrointestinal motility (Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1999;37:341-6).
- Ginger inhibits the synthesis of 2-series prostanoids without harming the gastrointestinal tract, unlike aspirin and conventional NSAIDS (Am J Chinese Med 1989;17:51-6). This may allow ginger to have significant platelet-dampening effects that protect vascular health (Prostagland Leukotrienes Essential Fatty Acids 1997;56:379-84) as well as soothing effects in joint tissue (Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2000;8:9-12).
Ginger-B6 120 capsules | Karuna Health
Ginger root is an aromatic bitter that helps alleviate digestive system discomfort and reduce the symptoms of nausea associated with motion sickness.
One capsule provides:
Ginger root (zingiber officinale) 250mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL) 25mg
Suggested use for adults:
1 - 2 capsules twice daily, or as directed, for nausea.
*Your results may vary.
Your results may vary from those listed above.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Since we do not know everything about your medical history and medications, please consult with your health care practitioner before implementing any new protocols and supplements. Do not construe any information listed on this site as a substitute for actual medical advice. The info you receive from us is not intended to replace medical advice by your doctor. Forrest Health, Inc. does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. We offer nutritional programs and supplements that support your health. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Forrest Health, Inc. are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a medical condition, see your physician of choice